Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
I still have over 3 years left on mine.

And I have 110,000 miles on it.

Not worried about it though knowing how unbelievably reliable the car is.
Nothing ever breaks on it. At my pace, I'll have around 190,000 miles on it when it finally gets paid off. Considering we have seen these go 450,000 miles with few issues, I'm not concerned.

If this was a German car or a Chrysler product, I'd be screwed.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
hyprmiler
It's cold in Wisconsin...

Drives: 2008 and 2009 Yaris Sedans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
I still have over 3 years left on mine.

And I have 110,000 miles on it.

Not worried about it though knowing how unbelievably reliable the car is.
Nothing ever breaks on it. At my pace, I'll have around 190,000 miles on it when it finally gets paid off. Considering we have seen these go 450,000 miles with few issues, I'm not concerned.

If this was a German car or a Chrysler product, I'd be screwed.
I completely agree with you on if it was a GM or Chrysler product and things going terribly horribly wrong.

That GOD I bought gap insurance on my 08 Yaris. I put 20K+ miles on my car every year (it's my daily commuter) and if I wrecked it with 1 year left to go and the insurance company gives me 1/2 of what I owe on it I would be screwed. Glad I got the gap when I bought it... also glad I bought at the bottom of the market when it comes to car's (cost wise).

Did you know that a new car (on average) will have lost 60% of its value in 4 years? Scary..... Buy used, buy cheap, and buy foreign :)
Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Way to go. I would bank what your payments were or invest it in stocks. When the "wheels fall off the Yaris" pay cash for your next car. I only made one payment on my Yaris.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
Way to go. I would bank what your payments were or invest it in stocks. When the "wheels fall off the Yaris" pay cash for your next car. I only made one payment on my Yaris.
This is best if you can. The only mistake I made was not trading in my old car, but then I did eventually get $6k more then the dealer offered.

Oh, as for mods, the NST pulley set is awesome, and a lightweight flywheel would be nice too.

Congrats on paying it off.