Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #37
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
May I ask where the brake pad DIY was moved to?. I can not find it and there is no link.
yes,dude where's the link??
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #38
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
The OP removed all of his DIY's when he left the site. They're gone.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #39
chasehouse
stu in wigan

Drives: Yaris 3 cylinder 2007
Does anyone know what kind of tool is needed to remove the caliper retaining bolts. I tried to fit new pads yesterday, and was told that the bolts are slackened with regular 14 mm socket, but when I looked I found a rubber or neoprene cover with a plug to stop dirt getting in. The head of the bolt is covered, and I didn't want to damage the rubber cover by prising it off. I tried a variety of sockets and Allen keys to no avail. The car is a French built Yaris 2007 model with the 3 cylinder engine. I've asked loads of people but nobody has any idea what kind of bolts they are.
chasehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #40
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasehouse View Post
Does anyone know what kind of tool is needed to remove the caliper retaining bolts. I tried to fit new pads yesterday, and was told that the bolts are slackened with regular 14 mm socket, but when I looked I found a rubber or neoprene cover with a plug to stop dirt getting in. The head of the bolt is covered, and I didn't want to damage the rubber cover by prising it off. I tried a variety of sockets and Allen keys to no avail. The car is a French built Yaris 2007 model with the 3 cylinder engine. I've asked loads of people but nobody has any idea what kind of bolts they are.
I was going to say it is definitely 14mm, but in your case it is not. Looking a the Toyota parts catalog for your car, instead of having bolts with a hex head (which require a 14mm socket to remove), you have what are called "slide pins", which sit in a recess and the head is covered by a small rubber plug and an allen wrench is required to remove them. The Toyota part number for the slide pins is 47715-05010 and that same pin is used on many different brands of European cars.

Don't be afraid to remove the plug to get at the head, as it is really just a dust cover to keep the head clear, so the allen wrench will go in. I am about 90% sure that you need a 7mm allen wrench to remove it, as looking at a compatibility guide for those slide pins, they are the same as the ones on a friend's Mazda 3, which I recently helped do the brakes on.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #41
cratsil1979

Drives: yaris 2010
thx
cratsil1979 is offline   Reply With Quote