Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
bewley

Drives: 2010 Liftback
Bumpshox for parallel parkers?

This might be the only thread in the cosmetic modification section that pertains to something that actually makes the Yaris look less attractive:

Have any of you city parkers used this rubber-cushioned license plate holder called Bumpshox to protect the front bumper?
http://www.bumpshox.com/order_bumper...tion_rear.html
and then there's also this for the back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_Nf...eature=related

I've only seen photos of Bumpshox and I want to know just how obtrusive and ugly this thing is in reality and whether it works. The reviews on Amazon are pretty favorable, but you never know whether some clown in the marketing department is writing them.
bewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i used to have orange cones in my trunk and i just put those around my car when i parked in sketchy areas (bk, nyc, queens) hahah

but i had an awesome idea for an invention like those foam bumper protectors but built into the bumper. and when you park you could flip them in and out. im working on a patent
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
ill post a sketch later
Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
bewley

Drives: 2010 Liftback
The cones are a good idea for a one-off, but if I used them repeatedly, I bet my neighbors would be annoyed that I was taking up more space than I needed. Perhaps I'd get keyed or they'd be stolen. You can't believe how close some people park. I've come down to find that people have parked with their bumper kissing mine. I find that appalling. I just can't believe how bad some people are at parallel parking, and it's not newbies to the city because generally they at least get out and check if they can't figure out the spacing. Your idea sounds amazing. Would love to see!
bewley is offline   Reply With Quote