Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #1
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Vitzoomph TRD turbo M

Greetings from Singapore.i name my pockt rockt -Vitzoomph. my other white Suzuki Swift before it goes to car heaven.
The only one TRD Turbo M boosting in this small city, whereby each car purchased will only last u 10yrs before it goes to car heaven.it's a regulation....

modded Aftrmrkt:
Modellista bumpers
Ing_1 side skirt
wedssport SA70 16"
Yokohma advan AD-08R 205/50R16
Carbon Fibre vented bonnet
Tomoki carbon fibre fuel cover
Hella horns
Sparco door sills
D2 coilovers
Beatrush rear strut bar
Full Undercarriage struts
TRD brake cylinder stopper
TRD lightened flywheel
TRD brake hose
TRD blue brake pads F/R
TRD Tachometer meter
TRD Water Temp meter
TRD stepper control unit
Greddy D/A Boost meter
Greddy Profec Spec II Boost controller
Greddy RZ bov
HKS 200mm Reloaded air intake
Carbon fibre steering wheel
Attached Images
        

Last edited by TTM; 01-30-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: adding photos & text
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
ncp13
 
ncp13's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Yaris TS
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 36
Nice car.. I am little caught up on that regulation.. 10yrs and then you have to crush/recyocle them? WTF?
Not many historic vehicles I assume around your area. :)
ncp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
MugenRep
 
Drives: 2012 iQ
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 89
Very nice!!!!
MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
NCP13} crappiest 'Certificate of Entitlement' ever that was implemented by the smallest country on this planet.
A COE could cost up to SGD$58,000/ and that is excluding car price, adding up to a sky high grand total of purchasing a brand new car in SGP.
currently, A brand new japanese make 1500cc car rakes up to ~$98,000 minimally.yes, u own it only for 10years.
and it gets de-reg and scrapped....

More photos posting up...my other jap made turbo-boxer ride Subie Forester.
Vitzoomph's engine bay runs a TRD engine control unit and a recent visit to Singapore HKS factory wiring up my boost controller cranking up to a decent 0.70bar up from factory stock setting which was a mere 0.40~0.48bar.An EBC holds steady boost indeed And the spooling up way quicker...!
Hooking up my Greddy Emanage Ultimate for ignition and fuelling next off from my suzuki Swift (scrapping) should i hunger for more boost above 0.7bar.
Anything more will require forged internals......


TTM
Attached Images
    
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day

Last edited by TTM; 01-30-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: adding photos
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,807
__________________
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
Elwe2k
XP10 Enthusiast
 
Elwe2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Echo Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
NCP13} crappiest 'Certificate of Entitlement' ever that was implemented by the smallest country on this planet.
A COE could cost up to SGD$58,000/ and that is excluding car price, adding up to a sky high grand total of purchasing a brand new car in SGP.
currently, A brand new japanese make 1500cc car rakes up to ~$98,000 minimally.yes, u own it only for 10years.
and it gets de-reg and scrapped....

More photos posting up...my other jap made turbo-boxer ride Subie Forester.
Vitzoomph's engine bay runs a TRD engine control unit and a recent visit to Singapore HKS factory wiring up my boost controller cranking up to a decent 0.70bar up from factory stock setting which was a mere 0.40~0.48bar.An EBC holds steady boost indeed And the spooling up way quicker...!
Hooking up my Greddy Emanage Ultimate for ignition and fuelling next off from my suzuki Swift (scrapping) should i hunger for more boost above 0.7bar.
Anything more will require forged internals......


TTM
TRD ECU.... How cool is that?

Nice ride man! crappy regulations though. So enjoy while it lasts!
__________________
'01 Yaris 5dr Hatchback M/T | Blue Streak Metallic [RIP]
'00 Echo Coupe A/T | Absolutely Red [Still Alive]
Elwe2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,300
My God that is a lovely ride and thousands of enthusiasts around the globe shed a tear for its mandated death.

- do you receive any form of financial compensation for the car at the end of 10 years or is all your money gone?

- does the car get harvested for viable parts which can be resold to foreign markets, or is the entire thing fed into the crusher?

- can you harvest viable parts from the car yourself for resale and then turn over the carcass to the crushers?

To think of all the JDM parts the world is hungry for just getting scrapped is
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
My God that is a lovely ride and thousands of enthusiasts around the globe shed a tear for its mandated death.

- do you receive any form of financial compensation for the car at the end of 10 years or is all your money gone?

- does the car get harvested for viable parts which can be resold to foreign markets, or is the entire thing fed into the crusher?

- can you harvest viable parts from the car yourself for resale and then turn over the carcass to the crushers?

To think of all the JDM parts the world is hungry for just getting scrapped is
Well said!
__________________
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:20 PM   #9
SirDigby
 
Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 473
really. they should allow you to profit from the recycling. or can you just say, "some one stole it. I don't know..."
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:17 AM   #10
ncp13
 
ncp13's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Yaris TS
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 36
Fill up containers and ship em over here.. :)

Right around 9yrs and 11 monhts and 28ish days :)
ncp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
My God that is a lovely ride and thousands of enthusiasts around the globe shed a tear for its mandated death.

- do you receive any form of financial compensation for the car at the end of 10 years or is all your money gone?

yes, there is a small sum rebate upon the expiry of the COE.This car population control regulation has been around since 1994.a renewal is made possible by paying for the COE which renews the car for next 10yrs.As of latest COE bidding, price came down a little hovering $51k.

- does the car get harvested for viable parts which can be resold to foreign markets, or is the entire thing fed into the crusher?

Numerous car exporters offers better value than sending it to the crusher for scrapping.1.5k-3k for more sought after rides.

- can you harvest viable parts from the car yourself for resale and then turn over the carcass to the crushers?

"car-cass"- new word for the day.
i stripped my previous rides off all viable aftmrkt parts before sending to crusher via a tow truck .So yes, but, not many car owners do that.The engine and mainframe chasis cannot be yielded.These 10 yrs engines are then resold/exported at the scrap companies discretion.
considering Singapore being pea-sized....a 10yr mileage could've done only 130,000~170,000KM.The collective parts are either poached by car workshops or sold via car enthusiast forums.

To think of all the JDM parts the world is hungry for just getting scrapped is
Singapore- rated as the costliest city to live in.The modding scene is almost quiet due to tough rules with vehicle inspections on 3rd 5th 7th year of the 10yr lifespan.online purchases have also caused many car workshops to lose distributorships and shut down or slowed businesses, what more the China Fakes....hows is the scene on the other side of the world.It's so much hotter i bet..

TTM
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
SirDigby
 
Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 473
so, you didn't answer the questions.
DO YOU WANT to make lots of money selling parts??? cause you have like 5 or 6 people right here that probably will pay lots of money for cool stuff. and this is a vitz. imagine if you pulled parts for popular cars. it took 2 days for vitz. if you work at it, you could sell LOTS of stuff! i'll sell lots of stuff for you!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:45 PM   #13
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
so, you didn't answer the questions.
DO YOU WANT to make lots of money selling parts??? cause you have like 5 or 6 people right here that probably will pay lots of money for cool stuff. and this is a vitz. imagine if you pulled parts for popular cars. it took 2 days for vitz. if you work at it, you could sell LOTS of stuff! i'll sell lots of stuff for you!
aha... i did answer some part of it in the quote on my last thread reply.
- can you harvest viable parts from the car yourself for resale and then turn over the carcass to the crushers?

"car-cass"- new word for the day.
i stripped my previous rides off all viable aftmrkt parts before sending to crusher via a tow truck .So yes, but, not many car owners do that.The engine and mainframe chasis cannot be yielded.These 10 yrs engines are then resold/exported at the scrap companies discretion.
considering Singapore being pea-sized....a 10yr mileage could've done only 130,000~170,000KM.The collective parts are either poached by car workshops or sold via car enthusiast forums.


Sir Digby,yes, i will look into stripping parts and freight over if there are enough interests and exchange for some USD$s....there is also a chance i might renew the COE.
My Turbo M Vitz expires in late 2018..stil some time to go guys.

TTM
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:36 AM   #14
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Vitzoomph TRD turbo M waxed and cleaned up after Chinese New Year 2017

have a shiny coat after wax !
interior shots of my Vitz and fav JDM lemon/squash flavoured air fresheners !can't go fast without these scents!
Razo pedals which isnt the best pedals around...
Titanium bronzy looking extended shifter...if only TRD offered the 6th gearing...


TTM
Attached Images
     
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 AM   #15
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Carbon steering and control units.

Carbon fibre steering.have a good grip!
TRD stepper motor control unit and Boost controller Greddy Profec Spec 2 (old school but hey...it freaking works best!)


TTM
Attached Images
  
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
....there is also a chance i might renew the COE.
My Turbo M Vitz expires in late 2018..stil some time to go guys.
I'm getting confused now.

Are you saying that the life of the car is tied to the term of the COE, and if you renew the COE the car could potentially live to be 20 years old?
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #17
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I'm getting confused now.

Are you saying that the life of the car is tied to the term of the COE, and if you renew the COE the car could potentially live to be 20 years old?
yes.it is.
any car that goes on Singapore road is tagged to the Certificate of Entitlement.
The price of the COE varies depending on demand and supply.Our final car prices inflate and fluctuate accordingly...
20yrs old ageing cars on the road currently are mainly the civc hatches EG9/EK9s and SIRs.
Yaris which first arrived on our shores in 2006 are by now 80% scrapped.
Very few actually renewed the COE for another 10yrs life.Toyota Stockists may no longer retail Yaris's spares.....

TTM
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #18
TTM
 
Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: SGP
Posts: 18
night light Vitzoomph

glossy waxed and reflecting street lights in Singapore.
Toyota rocks!

TTM
Attached Images
  
__________________
How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day
TTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manual, trd, turbom, vitz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.