Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Jabro

Drives: 2008 2dr Yaris Liftback
Willing to trade 2010 MPH liftback cluster w/tach w/ABS for cluster w/tach wo/ABS

Pretty simple trade if such a thing exists. As the title says, Willing to trade liftback cluster w/tach w/ABS for cluster w/tach without/ABS. Needs to be interchangeable with an 08 Liftback. I prefer the trade to be MPH as well. My current cluster is a 2010 liftback cluster with a tach and ABS. It works perfectly, other than the traction control, ABS, and Brake light being constantly on because I don't have ABS or traction control. If I can negotiate a trade for one with the tach and without ABS and traction control that would be great, if not I'll be putting some electrical tape on those suckers. Thanks for looking.

Tach edit by abdt91, on Flickr

Last edited by Jabro; 12-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Jabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
There's gotta be some way to disable those lights...
Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Jabro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
There's gotta be some way to disable those lights...
No way I know of short of taking apart the cluster and taking out the LEDS, which from other threads is a pretty easy fix. I do wish I could have the brake light work though, it's second nature to disengage the brake, but I do like the insurance of knowing for sure when its engaged and disengaged.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabro View Post
No way I know of short of taking apart the cluster and taking out the LEDS, which from other threads is a pretty easy fix. I do wish I could have the brake light work though, it's second nature to disengage the brake, but I do like the insurance of knowing for sure when its engaged and disengaged.
It is strange that the brake light does not work properly. That indicator is driven by two sources: 1. The brake fluid level sensor and 2. by CAN bus message from the Body ECU, who actually gets the input from the switch on the ebrake lever. This same setup has been used since 2007, so the only thing I can see is that the CAN bus messaging changed for the ebrake status.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Jabro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It is strange that the brake light does not work properly. That indicator is driven by two sources: 1. The brake fluid level sensor and 2. by CAN bus message from the Body ECU, who actually gets the input from the switch on the ebrake lever. This same setup has been used since 2007, so the only thing I can see is that the CAN bus messaging changed for the ebrake status.
Yeah, it is interesting, the light stays on regardless, but fortunately the car doesn't give a warning beep or anything with it engaged so its not much of an inconvenience other than me being paranoid and constantly checking it the first few minutes of driving, since I'm still used to it working in my old cluster.