Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
kenora

Drives: 2009 Yaris LE 5 dr
Thumbs down Stealership faked a filthy cabin air filter

I took my 2009 5door lb in for its 16000 km service (10000 miles) at the dealership I bought it from.
When I arrived I asked specifically what was going to be done and left my cell # for a call should anything surprising come up for authorization to do additional work.
It was to a be oil and filter and tire rotation only!
I pulled out the cabin air filter about 200 km ago (3 days) and saw it looked nearly perfect so no need to change it.
When I got back to the stealership I was told the cabin air filter was changed due it being dirty; I asked to see the filter and they presented me with a FILTHY cabin air filter, it looked like it had a million miles down gravel roads on it, it was NOT MINE!
When I told the service writer the mechanic was full of shiatzu he replied the mechanic was trustworthy (like they were going to admit the fraud!!).
I crossed my arms and told the guy that I had checked it 200 km ago (they thought I didn't even know where it was, much less how to get to it) and then said I wasn't paying for it.
At that point they said they would put the old filter back in; I said FINE but not the filthy POS they showed it since it wasn't mine.
At that point the service guy said I could have it for free.
I accepted and told him that next time I expected a call before unathorized work AND let him know I was watching for BS.
At this stage I think I am going to find another dealer since they have totaly lost my trust.
I posted just to let you know this crap still happens.
fwiw this happened at one of Manitoba's biggest Toyota dealerships; its in Steinbach (they advertise themselves as Automobile City).
Oh I stopped in at the sales side where I hunted down my salesman and told him the tale. He was NOT supportive; what a jerk!
kenora is offline   Reply With Quote