Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Attere

Drives: 2007 Yaris S, 3 Door.
Low Pass Static?

Okay, so this issue has been bugging me for a week or so now. On my JVC Arsenal KS-AR7002 I cannot seem to use the Low Pass on it's built in crossover without static coming through. It's only low pass, the High Pass and Off settings have -no- static.

At first I didn't test the other options and just figured I'd finally sand a bit of the paint off my ground mount which didn't change anything. Seems it got enough connection from that. >_>

So I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum has encountered this problem.. Not looking to get another amp but I will if it's what is needed.

Thank you for your time. ^_^
Attere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
might be a bad connection inside the amp on the crossover circuit...

i've had static on an amp before..... and ended up finding there was a solder point that got toasted which acted as a ground inside the amp.