Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
My Yaris purchase experience....

On May 30th i heard about the Yaris (yeah i never paid any attention to teh commercials .... i dont know how i missed them!) and on May 31st i went into the first dealership (and largest one in my area - LongIsland/Queens) and drove home that night with my white automatic 2dr liftback. It was on teh showroom floor and apparently was purchased by someone else and they ordered a passive alarm to be installed and at the last hour the guy's credit fell through and he couldnt get a loan.

So im a 27 year old girl and I dont know how to haggle and i find myself sitting in the lions den on the last day of the month with only my mom for support (which wasnt much because she is clueless abotu cars and just wanted to go home). Also i was all this time looking at a Cobalt so i hadnt done any real research on teh Yaris. ALl i know was that they were hard to find and that they were selling for sticker (but that invoice was not that much lower than sticker).

This is what it came with:

Conv. package
armrest
mats
bumber & door guards
spoiler
installed passive alarm and remote

Sticker w/o the alarm was 13,7 and I walked out with the car for 14,280. I think I overpaid for sure. They were a bunch of scumbuckets and litterally drovfe the car off the showroom floor before i even said I wanted to take it. Making me feel like i had to buy it then onn the spot. They wanted that car out because it was the last day of the month adn it was 10pm. it was also a madhouse. I could have easily got the car for a few hundred cheaper if i negotiated a bit (they probably wanted to sell that car more than me wanting to buy it and that is alot).

The kicker was that they tried to sell off the alarm for $999 and charge me extra for the remote!! Then they tried to tack on a $400 admin fee (is there even sucha thing??). Anyway I was about to walk out the door when they took awsay the admin fee and lowered the price on the alarm around 500 (dont know exact figures).

So what do you all think? Im very happy with the car but am dissapointed that i didnt get the power package. They had one other hatch on the lot that i couldve had but i was put off by the color (blazin blue). In hindsite i woudl have rather had the blue but am still happy with the white.

ANyway i think this car is the cutest car ever. It doesnt drive nearly as well as my old Honda Accord but its much better than my old cavalier. I also feel good driving a toyota.

This is my first post. :)
Attached Images

asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
fouad84

Drives: 2007 yaris S
Meh, 14,3 isnt too bad with taxes, yeah they did screw you a bit, but most of us New yaris owners paid about sticker price including yours truely look at it this way, 1. Least its a cheap car n 2.Hey you have a new Yaris thats pimp as hell, neway check out my post I just put up new pics of mine from my buddies wedding! I paid 17,4 for mine after taxes n everything n it doesnt even have keyless entry or an alarm system, I did pay for foglamps and am getting those installed soon
fouad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
I love you will you marry me, so I can drive your car....lol
I'm soooo jelious, but you have renewed my faith will call around again today
I want a white hatch!!! and thats a great pix.
Fred
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Congrats and Welcome!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
asa805

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouad84
Meh, 14,3 isnt too bad with taxes, yeah they did screw you a bit, but most of us New yaris owners paid about sticker price including yours truely look at it this way, 1. Least its a cheap car n 2.Hey you have a new Yaris thats pimp as hell, neway check out my post I just put up new pics of mine from my buddies wedding! I paid 17,4 for mine after taxes n everything n it doesnt even have keyless entry or an alarm system, I did pay for foglamps and am getting those installed soon
frigg that does not even include tax. Tax is a bitch here (8.375) and my total was 15.5 with tax. Grrrrr............ I hate dealers.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
Bones

Drives: 07 Yaris S Type
I paid sticker also! I looked up invoice and yes you're right it's not much less. Plus the car being new, high demand and low inventory most of us will pay sticker, for now at least. It's good you were able to cut the price of the alarm in half!

Hope you enjoy the car, it's better than the cobalt.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
apriljoy
meow

Drives: Yaris Sedan, Black Sand Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa805
It was on teh showroom floor and apparently was purchased by someone else and they ordered a passive alarm to be installed and at the last hour the guy's credit fell through and he couldnt get a loan.
So did this guy take delivery of the vehicle and then had to return it when his credit fell through?

From what I hear people are more than happy to pay MSRP (and even more than MSRP) for the Yaris, esp. the liftbacks.
apriljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Thats a nice car, looks like mine. I paid sticker. The dealer said you don't have to buy it. That was the first hatch they had.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #9
heydin

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris RS (mexican)
I was able to order mine for about 600 less than MSRP but I have not received it yet. I made the deposit but I truly do not trust dealers in the USA. I specified power w/alloy, ABS, and fog lamps. To the best of my knowledge there are no ABS liftbacks in the US yet. It is standard on the power package in Central America where I'm currently living (although here the only engine is a 1.3 liter). I suspect I probably got a good deal but again, I haven't seen the car yet.
heydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #10
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
i got my '07 5spd liftback w/convenience package for $12k even, $13,2 after tt&l... and they had to order it for me

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
When i get mine, (the price is including tax tag and everything) $13,381.00 (3 door, cov package) they gave me the price when I put my order in.. I think its an good price..
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
asa805

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriljoy
So did this guy take delivery of the vehicle and then had to return it when his credit fell through?

From what I hear people are more than happy to pay MSRP (and even more than MSRP) for the Yaris, esp. the liftbacks.

No he didnt take the car. The car had 6 miles on it. He just ordered came in and wanted it with alarm (maybe he special ordered it and only left a deposit??). Either way i lucked out. Someone actually walked in in the middle of me signing the papers saying she came to buy it. She ended up getting the other one in stock (the blazing blue). I know that 2 weeks after i got my car there were still no liftbacks on the lot.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 AM   #13
fouad84

Drives: 2007 yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred812
I love you will you marry me, so I can drive your car....lol
I'm soooo jelious, but you have renewed my faith will call around again today
I want a white hatch!!! and thats a great pix.
Fred
BACK OFF SHES MINE!!!
fouad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #14
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I had been interested in the Yaris for a little bit, but also checked out the Honda Fit I was not impressed with that at all. I drove 185 miles to test drive a dark blue sedan with nothing for options and loved it. It was the auto tho. I talked with the dealer and they said that I would have to throw down 1500 for a deposit and it would be about 6 months for delivery...that would be around Nov 06....which was not happening.....sooo....I knew that I was going on a trip to my home (Minnesota) and deciced to give a dealership a call in Mankota. I got this awesome lady that was shocked that I was calling from Maine...2200 miles away. Well I told her that I wanted the sport in Flint or the deep blue with the full power pack along with fog lamps. Well she called me back an hour later and asked if I was real or playin a prank cause she also got 2 more calls from New Mexico and Cali. I proved I was legit and she began working for me...and oh yeah...I wanted it in 4 days. Well she found me an S, but it was the Jade Sea Metallic without fog lamps. I was not certain anymore, but gave it a whirl. I went home and then drove down to the dealership ( 40 miles from my grandparents) and fell in love. I think that the Jade Sea is awesome in the sport and has great flow. I drove it home from there. I paid MSRP, which for a stick with the full power pack is 15,910. The sales lady was even so gracious as to give me a 50 dollar gift card for lunch to Red Lobster since I had to wait so long (dealership had fun dealing with Maine DMV )I have no regrets at all other than not being able to afford the new "protective coating" offer they now have...it is insane! Motor oil rolls right off! Anyway, I did get the windows tinted to 35% light pene and it looks even slicker. My only real quam would be the "integrated" headunit....it makes the front door speakers puke at times and that is at 40 (top is 62) for level. BTW...as far as I know right now I have the only S in New England Here are a couple picks before the tinting:

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #15
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
Congrats, You dog! that color looks sweet!
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #16
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Nice looking color on the "S". However, you might spell/grammar check your "If you can't me motivated"
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #17
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
ebonics is now a language and is taught as Gramblin Uni....but thanks for the heads up so that I could fix it. ;)

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa805
frigg that does not even include tax. Tax is a bitch here (8.375)
Haha, better than our 15% here in Ontario!

Well, now that its July 1st, its actually 14%, bc they lowered the GST to only 6%. Plus our PST which is still 8%

Id love to pay ONLY 8% in taxes!
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote