Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #19
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
LOL. Ethics and acting like animals? Ethics have no place in the art of buying or selling a car. Those who believe it does are getting ripped off!
We are talking about the accumulation of a depreciable asset, not cheating on your wife.

Get a grip people! Go stop the war or something!

Oh yeah, you better not fall asleep waiting in line for a PS3. I'll snatch that out from under you also. Before you actually pay for it of course. Anything else would be well.... just plain wrong.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #20
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Costar do you still have the car?
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #21
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Well ethics worked for me I only paid $200.00 over invoice with the conv package, I also got free mats & mudguards in the deal ...I mean I waited for 4 weeks.. but hey I got the price, color, and intrest rate i wanted and I can still sleep at night.. to me being slow and steady won the race.....the world is to much of a rat race already way add to it...in 8mnths time there will be so many Yarii's around you wont be able to count them
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #22
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Yes. I still have the car and plan on keeping it for a long time to come. But like anything else I own without a pulse. It can be yours for a price.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #23
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Congrats on the purchase Pixie. It's a sweet ride for the price. And 200 over invoice is awsome! They didn't stick you with the ToyoGuard did they? Post some pics for us.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #24
PixieDawn

nope no toy gaurd just the cov package.. just like I asked I didnt want to wait for the power package...

more mods on the way
Old 07-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #25
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
nope no toy gaurd just the cov package.. just like I asked I didnt want to wait for the power package...

more mods on the way
Looks great in black on the 15's!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #26
boxerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
Yes. I still have the car and plan on keeping it for a long time to come. But like anything else I own without a pulse. It can be yours for a price.
not surprised
Old 07-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #27
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerboy
not surprised
LOL
Old 07-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Wow. That black Yari is the shit! Maybe I can give my wife the red one and snatch up another one like yours.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #29
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
PixieDawn,

That is one good looking Yaris!

The only LB we saw before committing on ours was a Black one destined for the rental fleet; someone had left it unlocked on the dealer's back lot.

FYI: A Red LB was featured today on the front page of the Oregonian's (Portland, OR) Saturday automobile section. The reviewer insisted he had gotten 43 MPG in mixed driving throughout the week. We have only seen 35-38 MPG in out 5-speed LB, but we drive is rather spiritedly - Italian Style!

Had four people in it today - about 600 lbs total - ran like a champ! Going up hill, 40 MPH (that's 4,100 RPM) is the best shift point in 2nd. It runs away from most other cars in traffic. Sort of like our '79 Fiesta (1.6L) or our '71 ALFA Romeo Berlina 4DR Sedan (1.75L). If you drive it right it is NOT slow or underpowered, as most reviewers seem to think.
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #30
PixieDawn

Thanks for all the kind words... wait till its all fixed up it will look hot :).. again I LOVE THE BLACK.. the paint is ooooo ummm sparklie.. lol i will try to get a pic of it for you guys, is all the paint on the yaris have glitter under tones... the black is actually multi-colored prisim colored glittery stuff in the sun then in the shade it casts this silver under tone.. very cool ... if you guys havent seen the black in person its hot..
Old 07-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #31
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

On my drive to the beach last weekend, we managed to pull 53 MPG! It blew my mind. I mean, we've been babying the heck out of it, trying to get through the break-in period. Very slow acceleration, windows up, the A/C on low and traveling about 60 MPH the whole way. I just hope the mileage lasts.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Nope. My red is just shiny and red. It looks sweet. But I think you have what they call metallic paint. I believe it actually costs more than regular flat paint. Its the kind of paint they use on that MTV show "Pimp My Ride."
Old 07-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #33
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts
What game? Patience, planning, ethics? Pretty sad world we live in when we have to act like animals to get something. If you played the "game", as you so arrogantly put it, it is actually ordering a car and waiting for it. That IS the game and no one has to wait a long time. Seems to me that the only people that are waiting more then a month for their Yarii are the ones getting them sold out from under them by some dumb@ss dealerships and greedy buyers. The rest are only waiting about a month. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
LOL. Ethics and acting like animals? Ethics have no place in the art of buying or selling a car. Those who believe it does are getting ripped off!
We are talking about the accumulation of a depreciable asset, not cheating on your wife.

Get a grip people! Go stop the war or something!

Oh yeah, you better not fall asleep waiting in line for a PS3. I'll snatch that out from under you also. Before you actually pay for it of course. Anything else would be well.... just plain wrong.

hehe, answered my question for me. i don't mean to make light of you guys' situation, but this is a GAME!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT, GET READ Y TO WAIT IN LINE. CUZ GUESS WHAT?! THE DEALERSHIP PLAYS THIS GAME. AS DO THE SMART BUYERS!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #34
boxerboy

Everything in life is a game. How well you play depends on how well you do. That does not mean how well you screw somebody over. If the dealer plays well you will come back to play again.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #35
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Everything in life is a game. How well you play depends on how well you do. That does not mean how well you screw somebody over. If the dealer plays well you will come back to play again.
Exactly. And what goes around comes around... Karma can be a real son 'of a bitch sometimes!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:43 PM   #36
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
no offense, but i'm not screwing anybody (well, the creator of the thread does attest to it..but not me). If the dealer backs out on delivering your new car because I come in and offer to buy it on the spot, he's not going to tell me nor would I be able to do anything about it. I kNOW for a FACT that dealerships do this, that's why WE are telling you not to give them money UNTIL they show you a car. If EVERYONE did this, they couldn't pull this kinda crap. But, a lot of you people will continue to play the dealerships game and you will end up getting played by them. It's YOU people that need to change, not us (well, the other guy might need to feel a bit bad for taking that girls car..well, not so much for taking it as making fun of her crying... ).
I agree with EVERYTHING he says with the exception of feeling bad about other people getting pushed down the line. COME ON PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO BARTER, BARGAIN..hell, just learn how to cover your own a$$ and we will all be good.