Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #37
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
None taken. I really did not want to do this but I am going to call on half of what he said. First he said he going to buy a car to resell at a profit. Yes the Yaris is the perfect car. Now he can't sell it but it works out great because his car craps out, so he gets to keep it. Toyota.com is a sales tool. My car never showed on toyota.com and I checked everyday. Its next to impossible to pin point a car but he does. Now a salesman will not do squat for you unless you give them money. (unless you know them personally) I got my car be for a whole stack of people who said find me one with no money down. I doubt they have one yet. When one salesman gets a deposit from a customer thats his customer. When that car comes in it his customer's. Another salesman will not take his car and sell it to a walkin. That will cause a fight. This is my experience, I have bought 20+ new cars ( most Toyotas) in the last 25 years. Any way would you want to buy a car from a dealer who will screw someone for you. They will screw you to. Just remeber cars are wants if you want you will get screwed, the nature of the beast. Now if you are that clever you would not have a car crap out on you and have to bum a ride with your wife. ( refer to other thread red yaris for sale) I am by no means the brights light in the hall. This is just my experience.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:57 AM   #38
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
Yes, I am clever enough to understand the joys of car ownership without a monthly payment! {Savings, a house on the beach in Costa Rica, no DEBT!, investing in something that actually goes up in value.} My old (paid for) car died and I decided to buy a new car, because repair costs were starting to ruin my payment free lifestyle and become a nuisance.

I learned about the Yaris after doing some research. Then I discovered how ridiculously difficult they were to find in a latchback/manual/power package. 4 weeks passed and no dealer could guarantee a delivery date. The only thing they could guarantee was how they could take my deposit money. Those 4 weeks I shared a car with my wife, got sick and tired of hearing lies from the sleazerships, and didn't want to settle for a corolla/scion(Yuk!). So I learned how to play a chump card to the dealer as discussed above and get what I wanted, when I wanted it.

Afterwords, I realized how much work I put into finding the car and decided that someone would probably pay to avoid the hassle I had gone through to have their car TODAY! I don't know how in the hell you bought 20+ cars over the last 25 years, but it sounds like a load of shit to me. If they were all for you, I know a great investment guy. He could really help you redirect some of that money you are throwing away on new cars into something more profitable.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #39
boxerboy

I bet a lot of things sound like a pant load to you.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #40
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

WTF?
Old 07-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #41
NickNickNick

Drives: 06 Silver Yaris 3-door Manual
I think they probably placed that Yaris out on the lot with hopes someone would come in a pay for it that morning. I'm sure they have plenty of cars to sell to people who are willing to pay up front that day.

Toyota is probably licking their chops, rejoicing in the popularity of this car, because they can make money hand over fist, selling them off the lot for cash that day.
NickNickNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #42
boxerboy

So if your old car died, then you decided to buy a new car, then you decided to sell that one. WTF, yea I know.., well what is it? Look, who cares. You can write anything on here and it could be BS. I have bought way to many cars. I can afford them. So what. Here is the point, I don't save large amounts of money or invest large amounts. I don't care I have always got more than I needed. I love cars... Not a crime. I live for this day, thats about it. Sorry if that does not help you .
Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #43
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Guys, give it up, he is a lost cause. Just do what I did, put him on your ignore list. Go to User CP and then click on Buddy/Ignore list. Works great :)
Old 07-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #44
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

I care boxerboy!

Unlike you, I don't have large amounts of dispensable income to toss out my car window. Selling the car would empower me to buy another one, because its a kick ass car, and pay off the principal balance even lower to begin with. This would help me reach my goals in life --> Less interest expense = more savings = earlier retirement = pura vida = living more effectively only for this day by saving and planning for it yesterday.

I agree with sroberts. Please add me to your ignore list. If you are unable to hold a logical argument, then give up! CAR DEALERS ARE SLEAZE-BAGS!!!

You can read all over the place on this website and find people's sob stories about not getting their Yaris. And the times they do get one, but its not loaded like they ordered. You should never trust a thief/salesperson or stealership with your money. If you want the car before the new year, then you are going to need to find it yourself. At least, now you know how to get one.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:35 AM   #45
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
CAR DEALERS ARE SLEAZE-BAGS!!!
This, coming from a guy advocating that you screw another person out of the car they were waiting for just so you can get it when you want it.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #46
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

They screwed themselves when they trusted a car dealer!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #47
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
They screwed themselves when they trusted a car dealer!
Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #48
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
You reap what you sow.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #49
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I think he just needs the attention...
Old 07-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #50
YarisTuners.com

Drives: N/A
....playing the dealers game, eh? Gotta love it. How about when they rip some guys gullible wife off? I've seen some people walk into car dealerships and see something they like and just sign away without any negotiating..they deserve to get screwed over once in a while. Car salesmen are pigs

www.yaristuners.com
YarisTuners.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #51
NickNickNick

Drives: 06 Silver Yaris 3-door Manual
My dealer never once tried to screw me, got me financing at the prime rate, no interest for three months with no money down, and then at the end asked if I wanted him to throw in some tinting for free. When the Yaris didn't show up the day it was supposed to (in the middle of a Saskatchewan blizzard) he offered to drive up to the city it was coming from (3 hours away) to get the car for me. I have nothing but good things to say, and because of the service and deal I received, he insured that I will take my Yaris into the Toyota dealership for all its servicing, and probably continue to buy Toyotas for the rest of my life.
NickNickNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:14 AM   #52
boxerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickNick
My dealer never once tried to screw me, got me financing at the prime rate, no interest for three months with no money down, and then at the end asked if I wanted him to throw in some tinting for free. When the Yaris didn't show up the day it was supposed to (in the middle of a Saskatchewan blizzard) he offered to drive up to the city it was coming from (3 hours away) to get the car for me. I have nothing but good things to say, and because of the service and deal I received, he insured that I will take my Yaris into the Toyota dealership for all its servicing, and probably continue to buy Toyotas for the rest of my life.
Thats the right way. Tell you what you are going to get, what it cost and deliver.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #53
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

The whole game sucks. It would be so much easier if they played it the Carmax way. There is a price on the window and that's what you pay. But no, there's the MSRP price, invoice price, dealer holdback, clear coat sealents (Toyoguard) and other various ways they find to stick it to you. I'd rather work the drive-thru at McDonalds than be a car salesman.