Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #19
kralmrax

Drives: 06 yaris rs
it is pretty expensive, but man it looks sweet! thanks for the info, i'll probably get it done in the next couple weeks.
kralmrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #20
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
It is true that it's illegal in BC and Alberta, however, province like Ontario does allow window tinting in the front. Details are as follows:

What are the laws of automotive window tinting?
The laws regarding window film vary from province to province. The following are a summation of the laws in each province:

British Columbia - No film is permitted on the driver compartment, right and left. Any film may be installed on the side windows behind the driver. Any film may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

Alberta - Same as British Columbia.

Saskatchewan - Same as British Columbia.

Manitoba - For driver compartment, right and left, the minimum visible light transmittance, net, is 50%. The maximum visible light transmittance, net, is 35%. For windows behind the driver compartment, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance, net, is 35%. Where film is installed behind the driver compartment, 2 external rear view mirrors are required. The net figures that are allowed are enforced at plus or minus 5%.

Ontario - For the driver compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver compartment, any film can be installed.

Quebec - For the driver compartment, right and left, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance is 70% on automotive net basis. Any film may be installed behind the driver compartment, provided the vehicle is outfitted with 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

New Brunswick - Same as Ontario.

Prince Edward Island - Same as British Columbia.

Nova Scotia - No film is permitted on any glazing surface.

Newfoundland - Same as Ontario.

NOTE: Laws vary from province to province and may change at any time. Courage Distributing recommends you call your local Authorized SUN-GARD Dealer for the most current regulations in your province.

I'd say that is complicated, except every state in the US has it own laws.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #21
Island Boy

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dY
You arent allowed tinted front door windows in Canada are you ?

Here in australia, darket legal tint is 35% ..... i have 20% all round on my echo, and will probably get 20% or even 15% on my next car. 5% rocks, but makes it hard to see at night when parking :P
Aftermarket tinting is illegal on front doors and on windshield in BC except for shade band on windshield. Some people may never get stopped for it, but if you do it's a fine and you must remove the offending tint, which is a real pain, not to mention money down the drain. In my opinion it is also dangerous to have your forward and side vision obstructed by tint, it's like warring sunglasses at night.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #22
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
agreed, safety first!
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #23
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
It isn't like sunglasses at night. The windshield isn't tinted, and it is the only thing that is really neccesary.

When I first got my Saab is was tinted with prolly some of the darkest tint that can be bought,as FL has very few laws regarding tint. I could see fine at night.

It was great in the day, the sun was never a problem unless it was directly ahead.

Even with the not as dark tint I have now the sun isn't a big deal unless I am going straight into it.

And without tint even when I wear sunglasses the sun was a problem.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #24
GTSRacer

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 Door
Wink Tinting

I think the Yaris looks great tinted. Here is my 3 dr RS
GTSRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 AM   #25
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Here is mine
Attached Images

LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #26
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
It is true that it's illegal in BC and Alberta, however, province like Ontario does allow window tinting in the front. Details are as follows:

What are the laws of automotive window tinting?
The laws regarding window film vary from province to province. The following are a summation of the laws in each province:

British Columbia - No film is permitted on the driver compartment, right and left. Any film may be installed on the side windows behind the driver. Any film may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

Alberta - Same as British Columbia.

Saskatchewan - Same as British Columbia.

Manitoba - For driver compartment, right and left, the minimum visible light transmittance, net, is 50%. The maximum visible light transmittance, net, is 35%. For windows behind the driver compartment, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance, net, is 35%. Where film is installed behind the driver compartment, 2 external rear view mirrors are required. The net figures that are allowed are enforced at plus or minus 5%.

Ontario - For the driver compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver compartment, any film can be installed.

Quebec - For the driver compartment, right and left, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance is 70% on automotive net basis. Any film may be installed behind the driver compartment, provided the vehicle is outfitted with 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

New Brunswick - Same as Ontario.

Prince Edward Island - Same as British Columbia.

Nova Scotia - No film is permitted on any glazing surface.

Newfoundland - Same as Ontario.

NOTE: Laws vary from province to province and may change at any time. Courage Distributing recommends you call your local Authorized SUN-GARD Dealer for the most current regulations in your province.
I've got legal limit up front, which is about 35% if I'm remembering correctly and 20% tint in the back. I'm not sure if I have the numbers flipped, sorry if I'm off, but I know these are the numbers I have.

It's not like wearing sunglasses at night. Actually I find it very nice, especially when you have a big SUV behind you at night like a hummer or something. Both my cars are tinted and I'll never buy another car that isn't tinted again. It also helps in the summer, by keeping the car a little cooler. The A/C doesn't have to work as hard.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #27
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/att...1&d=1140292686

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/att...0&d=1140292686
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Nice tint job, 35% or darker? I'll do 20% all around, just like my xB