Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Mine was an 08, so not the first model year, I doubt they changed the seals between the years... I think you ask for too much if you think a car will not have any problems the first few years you have it... tho those issues should be covered for free (which mine was)... it wasn't even the dealer I bought it from... so any dealer should cover the seal unless you're past your 36/36 period
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Although mine is also an '08 I put almost 30k on it in one year with no problems or leaks what so ever. I only recently took it to a dealer for the very first time since driving it away from one when I purchased it to have the a/c evap. replaced under a TSB-which I learned about from this forum. Besides, anything to do with the drivetrain-engine/tranny is covered for 5years or 60k miles. Things happen I wouldn't put too much weight into it especially since it did not strand you some where off the side of the road.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #21
CKaelin

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed
Brought the Yaris into the dealer this morning. They are replacing the left axle seal under warranty. They don't have it instock. I am bringing it back in Monday the 19th to have it done.

My other ride's a Gixxer!
CKaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #22
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I had the same issue at 48.000 Miles left axle seal was leaking, I found out while changing mi fog light bulbs, it’s quite easy to notice. I consider it as normal wear, sometimes there is a bad batch of seals, and the rubber hardens prematurely. The dealer fixed it under warranty. I hope no other seals are like thins one...
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
Thayerbt
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 yaris
I have 120 k and after an oil change and tire rotation by ntb, I started getting a thumping sound coming front driver side tire I could feel thru the floor board. I pulled the tire off and there were no issues. Spun the tire and it was smooth. Nothing under the breaks, etc. A fried seems to think it may be an Axel joint. Is this covered under the bumper to bumper? Also, not sure what the warrant period is. I have had it for 4.3 years (2007) Will toyota look at it for a charge or should I take it back to ntb?
Thayerbt is offline   Reply With Quote