Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Rohail

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Vibration problem with Yaris SEDAN 2009

Dear Friends,

I have bought Yaris Sedan 2009 automatic transmission last year, hence now i am facing problem when i stop at a red light or stuck in the huge traffic. The vehicle vibrate and then the engine shut off. I want to know any other person has the same problem or this is normal with other people too??

Please revert back.

Best Regards,

Rohail
Rohail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
@ rohail welcome to YWME ! !

regarding the vibration,
1. is it coming from the engine bay?
2. is it the engine that is stuttering or vibrating?
3. is the engine temp still cold or already warm ( as you have driven it for a few minutes?)
4. do have a habit of filling it up the gas tank only when there is 1 bar remaining at the fuel indicator
5. have you checked your transmission fluid?
6. does lights dim when the vibrating occur?

depending on the these factors, you may have a dirty fuel filter/defective fuel pump/dirty throttle body. have it checked with a trusted mechanic

HTH
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
ubospawis

Drives: Flint Mica 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohail View Post
Dear Friends,

I have bought Yaris Sedan 2009 automatic transmission last year, hence now i am facing problem when i stop at a red light or stuck in the huge traffic. The vehicle vibrate and then the engine shut off. I want to know any other person has the same problem or this is normal with other people too??

Please revert back.

Best Regards,

Rohail
@Rohail if solve the problem, please inform us, thanks
ubospawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
syntax

@ xtremist, you have sedan automatic right? any inputs?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Sounds like a vacuum leak.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
slow.yaris
Banned

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Sounds like a vacuum leak.
maybe, could be bad alternator or battery and the low rpms can't charge it.

any mods?
slow.yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
check the MAF sensor, it most likely needs to be cleaned
Old 01-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
syntax

@ rohail any updates?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #9
Rohail

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Hi Syntax ,

Regret for the delay reply, below is my remarks

1. is it coming from the engine bay?Due to the vibration by the engine the bay is vibrating
2. is it the engine that is stuttering or vibrating?As per the Toyota service center Yes its the engine
3. is the engine temp still cold or already warm ( as you have driven it for a few minutes?)Each time when i park my car for four to five hours again i have to wait for 2 minutes to shut the Green sign off. While driving when the engine shuts of on restarting the engine temp is on normal mode
4. do have a habit of filling it up the gas tank only when there is 1 bar remaining at the fuel indicator.No actually i have a habit to full the fuel tank
5. have you checked your transmission fluid?No
6. does lights dim when the vibrating occur?No.

By the way i have provided my vehicle to the Toyota services center and they informed me there is some part that would be changed with in the engine. Hence once i receive the car and the report i will keep you posted.
Rohail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #10
syntax

Quote:
Hi Syntax ,

1. is it coming from the engine bay?Due to the vibration by the engine the bay is vibrating
2. is it the engine that is stuttering or vibrating?As per the Toyota service center Yes its the engine
3. is the engine temp still cold or already warm ( as you have driven it for a few minutes?)Each time when i park my car for four to five hours again i have to wait for 2 minutes to shut the Green sign off. While driving when the engine shuts of on restarting the engine temp is on normal mode
4. do have a habit of filling it up the gas tank only when there is 1 bar remaining at the fuel indicator.No actually i have a habit to full the fuel tank

By the way i have provided my vehicle to the Toyota services center and they informed me there is some part that would be changed with in the engine. Hence once i receive the car and the report i will keep you posted.
FYI for all automatic sedan owners, the info provided by rohail would be very useful in the future.

@ rohail no problem, at least you did reply, please keep us posted on the development, is your yaris still under warranty?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #11
syed sheraz
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris 2007
Guys i am having the same problem as robail. Please can let me know if someone know what the problem could be
syed sheraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #12
xtremist

Drives: yaris Y 2010 A.K.A. "sky"
Quote:
Hi Syntax ,

Rohail, what are the things you did to stop this kind of vibration?

Yaris X: The Largest Most Organized Pinoy Yaris Owners Group In The Middle East (Eastern Region Chapter)
Disclaimer: Not Connected to Toyota A.Lathif Jameel ME In Any Way
xtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #13
xtremist

Drives: yaris Y 2010 A.K.A. "sky"
I also encountered this problem but very often...my car is also vibrating (it's more likely that I am riding on a horse)...this happens only when I stop on an intersection and I shift my gear to Neutral and pull the hand break...then suddenly my car if BOUNCING!!! it feels strange..I know it is not the engine because I can see that the whole car is bouncing...mine is also AT...can anyone tell if someone also experience this...by the way, this happens only when I stopped on a flyover bridge where the angle of elevation is around 20 degrees...

Yaris X: The Largest Most Organized Pinoy Yaris Owners Group In The Middle East (Eastern Region Chapter)
Disclaimer: Not Connected to Toyota A.Lathif Jameel ME In Any Way
xtremist is offline   Reply With Quote