Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
DEBATE: Analog vs Digital - Class D vs Old School Amps

K Debate away . Taken from a diff thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I don't have to define SPL rig. You know it means.

Keep on the roll about analog formats. I'm sure your insistence of analog format supreme excellence will change the industry.

This isn't the thread to re-start your analog vs digital argument.

...and yes, you're right. high dynamic range analog is better than compressed crap. I also generally agree about the modern vs "classic" amplifiers. Still, this also shows that you haven't listened to a properly setup full range D class amplifier setup. I can't tell an appreciable difference in sound quality between (for instance) the 2011 IASCA Expert Solo 1 seat world championship vehicle using JL HD/750 class D amplifiers on each speaker versus my "classic" A/B surfboards and the "smaller" A/B 4 channel. We're using the same format of source and the same line of speakers. The only difference is in amplifier power and slight differences in processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Are you arguing that a modern class D amps sounds great?
I never said that they did not and...... I've heard plenty.
I just said that a quality vintage amp sounds just as good while being less efficient.

As far as anilog vs digital, if ones knows anothing about digital sound they would be aware that digital can not reproduce every nuance of sound as anilog can. This is one of the reasons that anilog can often sound better.
Yes, high bitrate digital can often sound great but there is a difference in a Blind A/B test with high qualty aniolog.

Yeah, I know what "SPL" means but why call something a "SPL rig" ..... a "high SPL rig" yes , but both are just another name for high volume and neither one has anything to do with sound quality. It's all just pretentious BS IMO.

Keep it clean !!

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3

Last edited by _S7V7N_; 05-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote