Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Red vs pink coolant question after flush

When I bought my Yaris 2 years ago I drained the radiator and put green coolant in. Realizing the mistake I decided to do a full flush and put in the proper coolant.

I bought a jug of the red concentrate as I assumed it was the same as the pink minus the water. It would've cost over $45 for the 2 jugs of pink diluted so I went with the one jug of red and I just mixed it at a 60/40 with deionized water.

I could not find any solid info online regarding red vs pink. I know either are compatible but my question is how long is the life of the red coolant if mixed with and flushed with deionized water before filling?

The best answer I could find online is change every 2 years or 46,000km.

On a side note the t-stat was really stuck in there and had to be pulled out with pliers. I decided to replace the t-stat and gasket with one from Canadian tire since I have 126,000km on the Yaris and the original t-stat had some corrosion on inside.

The radiator drain ended up removing virtually all of the coolant and only a small fraction came out if the engine block drain valve.

Last edited by tmontague; 10-29-2014 at 05:05 PM.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote