Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #1
ahsanraza

Drives: Vitz/Yaris
VItz 2010 Push Start Fob key Programming (Duplicate Smart Key).

Hi there.
I have Toyota Vitz 2010 with Smart key and Push to Start feature. Though this feature is very handy and easy to use but the bad side of it: I HAVE ONLY ONE SMART KEY. so in case I loss my one and only smart key, I'd be in a big trouble. so I decided to make duplicate smart key. By hours of Internet searching I found that a smart key often called fob can be purchased separately and can be programmed with your car by entering it in Programming Mode. There are tons of tutorial videos and articles providing the instructions about entering a Toyota car in programming mode which accepts physical key. But I could not find any tutorial video about car having Push to start feature. So I decided to ask from you guys if anyone have passed through it already and know how this stuff work?
Pictures of Fob key and PUSH TO START Button are attached.
ahsanraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I believe the Push to Start equipped ones can only be done using the TechStream tool.