Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Electrical Connector ID? CTScott maybe?

I was wondering if anybody knows a part number or info for the electrical connector that plugs into this socket. I know Toyota also classifies their connectors by a letter followed by one or two numbers (i.e. J11) so if anybody knows that it would help also. This is a mirror signal for a Prius C, part # 81740-52050, if that helps any. Top and side view below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smtop.jpg (209.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg smside.jpg (177.1 KB, 58 views)
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
For the Prius C those connectors are not called out separately in the wiring diagrams. The last connector shown are H7 and J7, which are the 11 pin connectors under the front kick panels that route to there. You would have to track down the entire door harness to get the connectors. I would suggest just soldering to the pins or finding female pins that fit.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
NYC-SE

Thanks Scott, that's as far as I got also. I can jury rig something up but was hoping to find the correct connectors. Oh well. I might just try going to a Toyota dealer and seeing if the service guys have anything lying around and would be willing to let me plug and play until I discover the correct one.

I am planning to install these on my 2014 Yaris. Right now I'm just researching all that will be involved. Prepare yourself to be annoyed by my numerous questions as I get closer to actually doing it. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
are you attempting to convert your existing mirror to accommodate side lamps? Cause...that might be unnecessary headaches in the making...These things are shared with camries, avalons, prius C, etc.

but best way to do it if that connector isnt found is to get part #82998-24290 (just terminals) and inject a small amount of resin or plastic, then voila.

You can read about the conversion here:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/31...n-signals.html
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:11 AM   #5
NYC-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
are you attempting to convert your existing mirror to accommodate side lamps? Cause...that might be unnecessary headaches in the making...These things are shared with camries, avalons, prius C, etc.

but best way to do it if that connector isnt found is to get part #82998-24290 (just terminals) and inject a small amount of resin or plastic, then voila.

You can read about the conversion here:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/31...n-signals.html
I am aware of that thread. I'm probably going to use the silicon trick but still looking for the proper connectors.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Your best bet may be to find a Prius C at a junk yard and extract the connectors yourself. Most you-pick places won't have anything that new, but it's worth a shot. Trying to buy the OEM connector is a fool's errand at best, since many of them are custom made and require minimum purchases of tens of thousands of parts, assuming you can even get the manufacturer to admit that they make the part.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
..or just swap whole mirror assembly, only removing and replacing the door moulding.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
^all of the above, plus if you are retrofitting these into your existing colored covers, that might not work as the covers with integrated turn lamps (at least up until 2011 models) have higher thickness measurements, so you will have to compare.

(i compared them side-by-side, i thought i can just grind these no-repeater-colored covers and do away with those--but No.)
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote