Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
DKN-YARIS

Drives: YARIS HB
zage turbo in and running but engine stalls at idle! what could it be?!

Zage kit is in, managed to get it tuned however, still having a bit of an issue with the engine once it warms up and started driving around and when the vehicle is stopped say at a red light, rpms idle at about 700 and then it just drops and the engine stalls.

I'm running with AEM FIC and all numbers are within normal operating spec. 1ZZ injectors running at about 85%

I've read on MI and YW that others have had the same similar problem but haven't found a possible solution for those using a turbo kit?

I've even tried adjust the screw that's covered in epoxy on the throttle body which controls the position of the TB but with no luck.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
DKN-YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN-YARIS View Post
Zage kit is in, managed to get it tuned however, still having a bit of an issue with the engine once it warms up and started driving around and when the vehicle is stopped say at a red light, rpms idle at about 700 and then it just drops and the engine stalls.

I'm running with AEM FIC and all numbers are within normal operating spec. 1ZZ injectors running at about 85%

I've read on MI and YW that others have had the same similar problem but haven't found a possible solution for those using a turbo kit?

I've even tried adjust the screw that's covered in epoxy on the throttle body which controls the position of the TB but with no luck.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Did you adjust the idle screw with the car off?

Dunno if that is the solution to your problem but it won't recognize the adjustments unless the car is off.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
Did you adjust the idle screw with the car off?

Dunno if that is the solution to your problem but it won't recognize the adjustments unless the car is off.
Yes, i adjusted it everytime with the car off. Here's my question for you if you may have adjusted the screw before...

Did you turn the hex screw counter or clockwise? I did both with no real result in either direction....doing 1/4 to 1/2 turns on the screw each time.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN-YARIS View Post
Yes, i adjusted it everytime with the car off. Here's my question for you if you may have adjusted the screw before...

Did you turn the hex screw counter or clockwise? I did both with no real result in either direction....doing 1/4 to 1/2 turns on the screw each time.
Clockwise to increase idle/open butterfly...mark it and then give it one full turn clockwise and see where that gets you.

I idle @ 950-1000.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
Clockwise to increase idle/open butterfly...mark it and then give it one full turn clockwise and see where that gets you.

I idle @ 950-1000.
thanks for the info. I will give it a try again as i may even have to reset the ECU again just so i can try and have it relearn the idle again with the new position of the screw.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
DKN-YARIS

After adjusting my injector response time, the stalling happens even more than What I had before. I had to adjust the TB screw as it was throwing a CEL p0505 for the idle control Haha.

Not sure where to start again.