Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Photoshop help please!

Could anyone of you Yaris beauties Photoshop the Colour of the rims in this photo. One photo with the rims white and the other with the rims gold. I'm thinking about painting my stock rs rims that I use for my winters and could really use some help. Thanks in advanced!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
As you wish sir. One white, the other gold.
Attached Images

yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Sugi is the photoshop master haha. I love gold wheels on a white car.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #4
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
My man! Thanks buddy much appreciated!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 10-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I've always found white on white to be nasty. It just never quite works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I've always found white on white to be nasty. It just never quite works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. I've seen some white cars rockin' white rims and it looks really good. The trick is getting the right white that doesn't offset the white on the car too much. With that being said, gold shoes always make a better statement than white IMO.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
White wheels works, but it had better match body exactly, or you'll end up forcing yourself to add some bold accents with deep color to tie everything together.
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
The trick is getting the right white that doesn't offset the white on the car too much.
In your case that would be Blizzard Pearl. Good luck with that!

Biggest problem with white is that they will always look dirty unless you wash them every day. Car itself can appear to be sparkling for weeks, but wheels always gungy.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
aspro

Quote:
In your case that would be Blizzard Pearl. Good luck with that!

Biggest problem with white is that they will always look dirty unless you wash them every day. Car itself can appear to be sparkling for weeks, but wheels always gungy.
I like em' dirty.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
I like em' dirty.
I'm gonna have to call on that one
Old 10-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
aspro

Wink

Quote:
I'm gonna have to call on that one

Old 10-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #12
aspro

Its looking like I may go with gold. I'm going to the Dominican next week, when I get back I will start working on this an post pictures when she's all said and done.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Bronze looks best on white

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Black makes great contrast to white. Throw on some coloured lugs (matched gloss white?) for that extra something.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Bronze looks best on white

sent from my S4 on Mars
Yeah I consider bronze and gold to be in the same category. They both do the same thing for me. So it will all come down to the nicest looking paint of the two colours that will win me over.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #16
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
Black makes great contrast to white. Throw on some coloured lugs (matched gloss white?) for that extra something.
Not a big fan of black rims anymore. Unless it`s a black steel rim with an oversized chrome centre cap (think police package rims ). Otherwise, I`m off the black wheel bandwagon.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #17
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Yeah, there were already too many of them at the last GTA meet. You wouldn't want to make it worse.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
Yeah, there were already too many of them at the last GTA meet. You wouldn't want to make it worse.
Yeah, I hear you. I think that's what turned me off from black wheels. Just too many of them. It was cool back in the early 2000's. Man I feel like I'm getting old now.