Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: What are you driving? Sedan or LB?
Sedan 72 32.88%
LB 144 65.75%
Both 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #55
Ratboy

Drives: Sedan
Smile

I have the sedan which I believe is better for my family. I can fit all five family members and go to the grocery store with plenty of storage space. The LB cargo sucks! During a test drive I pushed the rear seats all the way back and noticed they there really wasn't any cargo space like my vw vr6 had.If I was single I would definitely go for the LB but with three kids and a wife, it just would not be practical. And oh, who cars about three glove boxes. I hope people didn't by the LB because it has three glove boxes. And for the idiots who put all the performance parts on including the turbo's to make their yaris' faster, give up and go buy a vw gti...it's a lot faster!!! I bought mine because of the fuel savings.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #56
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
Poll is about "What are you driving? Sedan or LB?".
But somehow, discussion turned out to be "Which one is better? Sedan or LB?".
Sad...
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #57
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I have the sedan which I believe is better for my family. I can fit all five family members and go to the grocery store with plenty of storage space. The LB cargo sucks! During a test drive I pushed the rear seats all the way back and noticed they there really wasn't any cargo space like my vw vr6 had.If I was single I would definitely go for the LB but with three kids and a wife, it just would not be practical. And oh, who cars about three glove boxes. I hope people didn't by the LB because it has three glove boxes. And for the idiots who put all the performance parts on including the turbo's to make their yaris' faster, give up and go buy a vw gti...it's a lot faster!!! I bought mine because of the fuel savings.
A couple great points about family and cargo, followed by an absolutely terrible point at the end.

btw, pretty sure nobody in the history of auto buying has ever made a vehicle purchase based on the number of glove boxes a car has
Old 11-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #58
CpKi1g3
High speeds are fun...

Drives: 07' Polar White sedan Base
Send a message via MSN to CpKi1g3 Send a message via Yahoo to CpKi1g3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
A couple great points about family and cargo, followed by an absolutely terrible point at the end.

btw, pretty sure nobody in the history of auto buying has ever made a vehicle purchase based on the number of glove boxes a car has
2nd that!!!
CpKi1g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #59
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Sedan is better, I seen a lot of old folks driving an LB.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #60
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
This poll is going to be one sided because usually younger people are going to drive LB. Also younger people usually are part of online forums more than older people...
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #61
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Let's not make this a "which one is better" thread.

The HB and sedan are entirely different cars, designed and distributed by quite separate divisions. They actually share very few componets in common. For some unknown reason, Toyota chose to sell them in some offshore markets both badged with the Yaris nameplate... makes no sense at all, but what the heck.

Can we just make a mature and reasonable comparison of some of the features of and available upgrades for the two cars without the folishness?
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #62
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Well there are all types people and different age brackets on this site which makes a good representation of the general public. and I would be willing to bet that the LB outsells the sedan in real world statistics, just as the poll on this thread specifies. This probably the reason there is more aftermarket support for the LB over the sedan. In Hawaii there may be more sedans on the roads than LB's but I see way more LB's on the roads than I do sedans.
By no means is the population of this site representative of the nation as a whole. It can also be argued that younger aged people tend to buy 2-door hatchbacks over 4-door sedans, which could explain the larger selection of aftermarket parts available for the lb. Also the fact that the Vitz in Japan has its own cult following of tuners and the Belta has yet to make a true mark with tuners there.

Well, agree to disagree, no matter what we argue, neither of us has the true statistical sales data (and no matter what, the poll on here just shows that more users on this site buy lbs). So I say we just leave it at that
Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #63
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
There are way more sedans around here. I hardly ever see any LB. I have only seen maybe 10 driving around since I got mine in May 08. Both are great cars by the way. Just depends on what you need it for and personal preferences.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #64
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
5 door LB.

Best of both worlds

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #65
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Gotta love it when your posts get deleted and you get no notification about it. Very professional.

Sooks.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #66
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
lol yup. But all in all i have nothing against the lb i like it actually. As stated before the sedan fits my needs.Pretty sure thats why most people choose there car. It fits there use. now the 09 lb offers both... but in auto :( If it was a mani i would trade up in a heart beat.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 AM   #67
CpKi1g3
High speeds are fun...

Drives: 07' Polar White sedan Base
Send a message via MSN to CpKi1g3 Send a message via Yahoo to CpKi1g3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
lol yup. But all in all i have nothing against the lb i like it actually. As stated before the sedan fits my needs.Pretty sure thats why most people choose there car. It fits there use. now the 09 lb offers both... but in auto :( If it was a mani i would trade up in a heart beat.
a few bills might come in handy to make it manual... not the easiest thing to do but worth it if you really want it... and if you do
CpKi1g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #68
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Gotta love it when your posts get deleted and you get no notification about it. Very professional.

Sooks.
I believe due notice was given in post #64.

FYI, we had a similar thread way back when... and it degenerated into a name calling rant.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #69
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
trunks are for old people...... Hatches FTW
Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #70
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post

Sooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
I believe due notice was given in post #64.

FYI, we had a similar thread way back when... and it degenerated into a name calling rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post #64 by kimona
Let's not make this a "which one is better" thread.

The HB and sedan are entirely different cars, designed and distributed by quite separate divisions. They actually share very few componets in common. For some unknown reason, Toyota chose to sell them in some offshore markets both badged with the Yaris nameplate... makes no sense at all, but what the heck.

Can we just make a mature and reasonable comparison of some of the features of and available upgrades for the two cars without the folishness?
I still fail to see how at all post #64 notifies me that you deleted my post. Notification that you deleted my post would be a post of your own stating so or even a more polite thing would be a pm.

This is a forum right? A place where people can voice their own opinions, right?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #71
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Tony, I'm sorry, but this is exactly the kind of behavior that turned previous threads to crap and it's happening again. So consider this your warning, everyone else too, let's have some respect.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #72
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
camell, enough too, let's leave it at that.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote