Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
MI Hella taillights for the sedan

I purchased the lighta from Garm in May, thanxs Garm. I had to sort out the plugs in one week nothing, but I dont give up that easy. But finally I found the plugs needed to get them working, just go to any toyota parts dealer and you'll find them, dont think its plug and play yet, you have to do some mods to the plugs meaning the reverse and signal light, just cut an extra tab thats on their and you r good to go. But now I'm worried, if the lights blow out what will I do? These lights are by Hella which uses Led bulbs etc, are there any replacements in the future? or maybe I m just getting ahead of my self. The 5 series are cool but the Hellas are better in my opinion. Because they look like the stock tails, holla at me in what you think.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Don't worry about the l.e.d.'s going out. The Hella's are my third set of aftermarket taillights and I've never had even 1 l.e.d. burn out on me. I had the series 5 lights on for probably a year or more. If one does happen to go out, it can be fixed but will take some work.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
You have to admit Brian, those are some A class tails. Thats why I brought them, but you cant tell me the thought never runs threw you mind. Like you are ready to go out and you find one of the pipes burnt out, I would be pissed, but once again the quality of this product is superb. I need to stop thinking in what if, and just not pay attention to things that are not that important. But just in case something does go wrong I ll hit you up, thanxs Brian.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote