Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Question Tanabe NF210 Installed - Question

Hi all,

I recently installed a set of Tanabe NF210 springs on my liftback and noticed the right rear passenger side is approx .20-.25 inches lower than the right rear passenger side (measure from the center of the wheel to the wheel well).

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Will they settle evenly in a couple weeks?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I thought I had a problem and it was the placed i was parked. Go to a perfectly level spot and measure again. My gap on the passenger side looks huge in my parking place becasue of the slight slope. It's kinda crazy. Still bugs me but as soon as I park level everything measures up. The slope of the space isn't even noticable to the eye, kinda crazy. Give this a try.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
MrJester

Drives: homo
They will settle in and level out if you are truely on level ground. I had a slight issue like you did but it wasn't much at all.
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
RUBBERDIPSTICK

Drives: Toyota Yaris Base Sedan
got any pics? How do the new springs ride and handle? how much did the new springs lower your car?
RUBBERDIPSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
Indianspringsaz

Drives: 07 Bitchin Blue HB
I might pick up a set of these springs. What is a good wheel and tire size with this setup. Its a daily driver 3 door, so I am really after performance and handleing first, looks second.
I really know nothing about bling and dumped and all that stuff.
Indianspringsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Hi all,

They definitely look slightly different depending on how level the surface is. I guess I didn't notice when the wheel gap was like 2 inches but it's pretty obvious now that the wheels are so close the the fender.

I can't say how much the car was lowered because I didn't measure beforehand. I believe the NFs are suposed to lower the front end 1.1" and the rear end 1.3" (search for "Tanabe" and you'll find the official digits). However, I only trimmed about 1/3 of the bumpstop (approx 3/4") so the rear end is a little lower than the front.

I'm prob just being super anal about the whole thing but I'll post some pics this afternoon so you can see for yourself.

As far as wheels/handling goes: I have the stock steelies and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon; because I'd rather pickup something lighter than the stock wheels, which would be very expensive.

The ride is actually pretty stiff. I haven't bottomed out or anything but it's quite rough going over uneven pavement.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

pics

I ran outside with the camera and realized I don't own a tape measure!

Oh well, I'll have to borrow one from work and take more pics but here are some anyways:

It's hard to tell but the front end is slightly higher than the rear end.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

That's normal, the tanabe lowers the rear more than the front. The bump stops do not change the ride height.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
When I measured mine it is the same all around on the sedan with NF210's from the ground to the top of the wheel well. The front driver side and the front passenger side look like they are the same height. Hmmmmm.....
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I guess I'm just not seeing it. Go get that measuring tape and move the car to various spots and measure all the way around and see what you get.