Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
yaris over 60mpg wiith xynergy.........

this might be a repost but interesting but dont know how legit this is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qNBO...eature=related
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
I believe the term we use is "snake oil"...

Ask yourself this... If all it took was a magic elixir to boost all the manufacturers' MPG ratings, then why aren't they using it?
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
I see a lot of tubes......but I don't see them going anywhere.

If this stuff worked, you would see it sell for $1K or more.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Actually this is one of the better systems , or set ups i have seen .
Yes it works , but to the degree that they state in the Vid .
i wouldn't think so .
the reason you dont see it on OEM cars is because this system
is way too Volitile and has the tendancy to explode
if not monitored and tuned properly .
i know this from experiance

This system is very similar to the Hydrogen cell cars
and you dont see them because they are too volitile at the moment .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
good to know....
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
nmgolfer

Drives: Barcelona Red '09 Sedan
This device is NOT a way to run your car on water. This device is an on the fly "Brown's gas" or HHO generator that feeds a small amount of pure hydrogen into the intake.

The idea is that by adding a small amount of pure hydrogen gas to the intake engine efficiency can be significantly improved with the resultant savings far offsetting the electricity needed to crack the water (separate the hydrogen molecules) in the first place. The Pulse Code Module (PCM) hits the hydrogen cell (the part that separates water into hydrogen and oxygen by electrolysis) with a tunable frequency (an AC voltage) which is found to increase the efficiency of the cracking process. The key is to find the resonant frequency at which hydrogen production is maximized and thats no easy trick though an inventor (Stanley Meyer) in the midwest is said to have done it.

I've been following these garage home-brew experimenters for a couple of years now and there may very well be something to it. One guy in particular has taken a methodical approach to his development process. He goes by the name zerofossilfuel and he has lots of videos documenting his research and results: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroFossilFuel .

Again this is a Brown's gas "additive" that may increase fuel efficiency and Not to be confused with hydrogen power fuel cel or other. That (Hydrogen power) can be done ... dare I say COULD be done if the PTB would endorse it. Years ago a man named Bob Lazar won the hydrogen powered car contest in his slightly modified corvette http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkVjONutBQ0 . Since then he has been trying to bring his system (which is extremely safe... much more so than gasoline) to market encountering a nearly impenetrable gauntlet of obstacles in the process. The PTB don't want us off gasoline.

Lazar uses solar cells and a device powered by home water pressure to safely produce and store pure hydrogen in tanks filled with nickel metal hydrides. Hydrogen binds with the metal hydrides storing it safely and at at low pressure. This is the key... safe high energy density storage. Only caveat ... It take a long time to make enough hydrogen to run an internal combustion vehicle on pure hydrogen. I want one of these systems: http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/ for my Yaris... and I bought it with that in mind (won't work with high compression ratio engines ie diesels ).
nmgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
If someone from this site installs it, posts a positive review... then I'll just excuse them for being paid pundits.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote