Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
staax

Drives: 02 Corolla, 02 Dakota
07 Auto vs. 08 5 Speed

Hi all,

I'm helping my girlfriend get out of her 2001 Chrysler Intrepid (absolute junkbox) and into a new vehicle and we've been looking at Toyota's, specifically 2 Yaris'.

One is a 2007 with an automatic at 140,000 kms (approx. 88,000 miles) goin for 5,400 safety/etested.

The other is a 2008 with a 5 speed at 89,000 kms (56,000 miles) going for 5,950 safety/etested.

Both are around her budget but I'm a little concerned with the 1.5L and how it would perform with 4 people in the car. She would certainly prefer the auto over the 5 speed just for convenience, but she can drive stick.

Both cars are coming from a dealership so I imagine I can bargain a cash price for about 500-800 less than list price.

I'd just like to get some opinions on if you think the 1.5 is a dog. We're mainly looking for reliability and gas mileage. Does the automatic perform well?

I own a 02 Corolla with the 1.8 which is why I'm looking to get her a Toyota (legendary reliability).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
staax is offline   Reply With Quote