Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #1639
azkid17
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 ToyYaris 3 Door Hatchback
Seattle Yaris, born in Arizona, navigating the NW here!!!!

Glad this forum is here. I'm running into a problem though. I've searched the forums but havent found my answer. I swapped out my reverse lights and rear turn signal blinkers with no problem. I had to shave off the post of the turn signal bulbs (as read in a DIY forum) and they they worked fine. As soon as I went to my front headlight turn signals, I shaved a post, installed, then it kept blowing the fuse. Any ideas on whats going on here? I put the originall bulb back in and it works fine. So did I just blow my new LED bulb or is there a bigger problem?
Thx,
Mike
azkid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #1640
jmthomas
I've made a post!

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3 Door
Hey Guys & Gals! Thank you for the warm welcomes. I'm happy to find this forum. Recently a few mice have nested in my A/C ducts. I took the car to Toyota and they said it would cost 1k to remove the dash and clean out the ducts and remove all the carpet nesting. I'm looking for a 2011 Service Repair Manual so I can figure out how to remove the interior dash and assembly to get to the units. Any help with this would be much appreciated!! Thank You!! Jeremy
jmthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #1641
nortonfb

Drives: 2007
I bought a late model car last year that sat in a field for 18 months.
I found mice, wasps, nests of who know whats.
The odor was unbearable.
First, power wash everything that you can reach. Including underneath the car and engine compartment, avoid the electronics.
Remove the cabin filter if there is one. Jam a vacuum tip in there. I made one very small from a cardboard tube and taped it to a shop vac.
Wash the carpeting with rug deodorizing rug cleaner. Leave a box of baking soda
in there for a day or two.
Spray Lysol into the ducts. Might take a few times.
If the weather allows keep the windows open for a day or two.
It took about three days to get the car acceptable. A week for all the stench to leave.
Good luck.
If you even think you still have mice, try some peppermint oil on a cotton
ball in a cup on the floor.
Norton
nortonfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #1642
kmtodd4

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE
Two and a half week old Yaris!

First post - just wanted to thank those who moderate this site and the many who post on all sorts of topics!

My old girl, a 2001 Subaru Forester was on it's way out so I started browsing cars. Was already looking at Yaris when I stumbled across this site. This site answered almost ALL of my questions and made the decision easy. Spent some time "breaking" in the new ride and then took her on her first trip to Ottawa this weekend... around 1000 km altogether. She was great, I love this car.

Thrilled with my new Yaris and can't wait to get the windows tinted and really make it my own. I have a couple of questions but will try to seek out the appropriate thread on here!

Cheers to all of you for putting together a great site for current and prospective buyers alike!
kmtodd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #1643
screenprinter

Drives: 2010 Yaris 4-door Sedan
I'm really not new, but returning. Lost my job last November. All my contacts were lost. Started a new job at the same location, but for a contracting company.

Now my Daughter's engaged so Thank God he supplied a job so we could pay for part of it and go to the destination wedding.

My old screen name was, ScreenPrintR, and my new one is, ScreenPrinter. I know, very original.

Glad to be back. This site is very hopeful, and everyone is great.
screenprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #1644
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Hello everyone.

I'm not new to the Yaris or this forum, but I have been away from all forums for a while. I have a 07 Yaris sedan S that I regularly compete with in SCCA SOLO, STF class #316. I have a Facebook page where I do most of my posting, but I will start sharing my racing experience and GoPro videos.

www.Facebook.com/ArmstrongRacingPage

-Tom
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #1645
awebb005

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
Hi Im new to the Yaris World forums and thought Id introduce myself. my name is Aimee, my husband and I own 3 Toyotas, a '94 Toyota pickup 4x4, a '99 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4, and now Im the new owner of a slightly used blue 2013 Toyota Yaris LE 4dr hatch. Ive had it for a week now and absolutely love it . It took me a month to fined the exact one I wanted, it had to be the LE model, a hatch with 4 doors, and it had to be blue lol. We were saving up for a new Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 but we came across a situation where we needed a new vehicle ASAP and simply could not afford a new one. My husband's '94 Toyota pickup finally gave up the ghost after some *beep beep* mechanic blew it up by putting the gaskets in backwards and not tightening the bolts on the drive shaft. Yeah its a long story but it led to us buying our new little Yaris so its not all bad. It is slightly used so it does have some small body damage but Im working to fix that. I love Anime and pirates (one Piece is my fave lol) so Im looking at a lot of pirate theme modifications lol (it is Franky Blue btw ). Anyway I just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a nice day.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #1646
Var83
I like it wet and warm

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 dr
Hi all, newbie here
Var83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 AM   #1647
AmishYaris

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
Picking my 2012 LE up today. It is a two door hatchback in silver metallic. I can't wait to drive her this winter to see how it handles the snow.
AmishYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #1648
Qemal84

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yais 5spd M/T
Hello everyone,

Im glad to find yaris world and all the wealth of information that comes with it.
Qemal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #1649
faro

Drives: Vitz
Hi from a new Vitz owner.

Hello from North Cyprus. Just got our 2011 Vitz yesterday. All the user hand books are in Japanese. So looking forward to chatting to find out what all the controls are for.

Cheers.

Bill.
faro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:53 AM   #1650
yarisinoz

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan YRS 2006
Hi guys, new here. Last Friday I bought a Yaris sedan YRS 2006 with just 23.000 kms. Hope to learn a lot from you guys,.

BTW, I'm in Australia.

Cheers
yarisinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:01 AM   #1651
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
A lot of new Yaris owners showing up!!!
I wish the best to all of the new owners and new site visitors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #1652
Corsair

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Hello All, Had my car for 4 years now just found this forum, sorry im late. Lol
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #1653
bountybuddy

Drives: Pontiac Vibe
New member from Michigan

Hi everyone. Boy I'm really happy I found this site. Drive safe.
bountybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #1654
bigjmeister

Drives: 2009 Yaris TS
New Member from ZA

I don't have a Yaris yet... but my mum has a 2006 Gen 2 T3 Spirit Auto which I have fallen in love with and has influenced me to buy a Yaris, which I am currently in the process of doing. I expect to sign ownership papers before end of the year.
bigjmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #1655
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Hello everyone! I'm super excited to see so many Yaris enthusiasts in this forum.
invader166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #1656
Marshmallow on Wheels
O'Malley

Drives: White 2012 Yaris SE
Hi all~! I was lucky to find and purchase a used white 2012 Yaris SE with only 16k miles on it. It was like brand new! I'm so glad I found this wonderful site.
Marshmallow on Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote