Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Funky smell, should I take it to the shop?

Hey guys I have a problem. I noticed this nasty ass smell coming from the outside of my car right after I parked it in the garage. Well, I first noticed it in the drive thru cuz I had my window down. I thought if I just ignored it, it would go away. hahaha But this is the second day I notice it after parking it in the garage.

My girlfriend says it smells like a hot glue gun that's been on for too long or a soldering iron. I opened the hood a second ago and it's definitely coming from there.

Oh, my "Cool" light was on for about 10 minutes yesterday. That was the only thing that was different since noticing the smell.

Should I take it to the dealer to have them look at it. I bought the car in April. Oh yeah, will they charge me to look at it? Cuz I's poor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
your car is under warranty

did your car eat eggs?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=egg+smell

Did you actually time the cool light? You dork.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
hahaha
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
your car is under warranty

did your car eat eggs?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=egg+smell

thanks for posting that link. I did see it before but totally forgot about it. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and seeing about getting a new converter thingie put on sometime in the near future. what can i say? i drive hard.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Oh, and about timing my cool light...haha:

i noticed it come on and then i actually saw it go off. i'm really good with time measurement so i know it was around 10 minutes. hahahaha "did i time it" hahaha, you're funny brick
Old 08-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
mandriu
11b1p

Drives: yaris s
did you check your coolant level?
mandriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
deadworld

Drives: 2007 4dr yaris
smells like a bag melted to your exhaust
deadworld is offline   Reply With Quote