Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
WOW What a difference an alignment makes!!

So being a lazy cheap bum after i lowerd my car i never botherd to get an alignment done. That was 15k miles ago. From what i read on the forums i self justified the alignment would be off so slightly it would be no big deal.

I just recently put on some new tires and wanted to get my alignment checkd this time. Local shop hooked me up for only 40 dollars for the alignment so i couldnt pass it up.

I can say it makes a massive difference It was toe in enough that it needed an alignment. He dailed in just a slight slight bit of toe out. But on the corners the car handles so much differently.

It feels equivalent to what i felt when i did any suspention mod such as rear hub spacers or trd bar.

So anyone else who was like me and never bothered to get an alignment after lowering i would highly reccomend it.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Alignments can make a huge difference on even stock cars. I just finally installed my wheels, and had them do an alignment on my otherwise stock car. The handling is quite a bit better. After 45000 miles, cars just do some weird stuff.