Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #37
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
sounds like the story of the last few weeks of my maxima.. there was a strange noise and then they said they fixed it but then said, oh .. gotta get you a new ECM too because it's not quiet enough. So I was waiting for a month or so just for that part to come in. When it didn't, I went to get my car and traded it in for the yaris.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #38
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
i really hope i don't have to get rid of my yaris so soon....
Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #39
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
you better ask/demand them to explain to you what the "other" problem is.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #40
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Drives: 07 Gerbil Powered Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
I kill them......
Go with your first plan...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #41
yrsdrgn

there was no other option.........the Blitz air filter basically let too much air flow into the car which caused it to trip some other codes since it's hooked to a heating mechanism and something else. they had to replace the MAF and then run the car around the block with a computer attached to it. after that it was ok but they had to clear all the bad codes.

$265 for new MAF sensor
$135 for initial inspection was all that i was charged for....the guy didn't have me charged for labor so total was $398.92......

a little under the estimated $500 so i guess a little saved is more than nothing.......next up for me is a real CAI instead of a replacement air filter >< possibly AEM
Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #42
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
there was no other option.........the Blitz air filter basically let too much air flow into the car which caused it to trip some other codes since it's hooked to a heating mechanism and something else. they had to replace the MAF and then run the car around the block with a computer attached to it. after that it was ok but they had to clear all the bad codes.

$265 for new MAF sensor
$135 for initial inspection was all that i was charged for....the guy didn't have me charged for labor so total was $398.92......

a little under the estimated $500 so i guess a little saved is more than nothing.......next up for me is a real CAI instead of a replacement air filter >< possibly AEM
that's cool, some money saved in pocket. if you don't want to deal with any problems again, i would (i know it's a lot more money than necessary), buy a TRD CAI from a certified dealer (or from the dealership = $$$$), and have a dealer install it. that way, if something goes wrong, you're not at fault. anyway, the TRD one is made by AEM (if i remember correctly).
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #43
yrsdrgn

Well any and all upgrading won't be happening for a while....i'm just glad that i have my car back
Old 09-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #44
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Well any and all upgrading won't be happening for a while....i'm just glad that i have my car back
you can always upgrade other things, like me, that don't pertain to performance.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #45
Kaotic Lazagna

you can focus on ICE since you have your suspension pretty much done.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #46
yrsdrgn

haha yup yup i still want to upgrade my audio. but for performance (and loudness purposes) i want to drop a CAI into the car and get the greddy axle back exhaust and keep the silencer in it....iono but in my opinion i like how a lil car with a big pooper looks LOL haha
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 AM   #47
Kaotic Lazagna

heh, yeah, for some reason, i don't include exhaust mods part of engine mods (yeah, i know it is). yeah, just get a nice axle-back and you won't need a silencer.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #48
yrsdrgn

well apparently the car had another check engine light. This time it was after the car passed a certain rpm or when i stopped and dropped my sister off at school. maybe one of the 02 sensors is a bit messed up from all that excess air?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #49
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
well apparently the car had another check engine light. This time it was after the car passed a certain rpm or when i stopped and dropped my sister off at school. maybe one of the 02 sensors is a bit messed up from all that excess air?
i feel so bad for you...i'd be way bummed if my yaris was giving me that much trouble so soon after having gotten it...hope it all gets straightened out for you...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #50
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
i feel so bad for you...i'd be way bummed if my yaris was giving me that much trouble so soon after having gotten it...hope it all gets straightened out for you...
yea I'm pretty bummed out myself....all i did was drop in a $140 Blitz replacement air filter (cone type) and currently I have had to pay $398 for it and this Monday I'm sure there will be a "$135" inspection fee and hopefully no more replacing parts >< makes me wish i just dropped a CAI into it......and this car isn't even one year old......
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #51
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
guess you got one of the few lemons no one else on this forum seems to be really having issues with their yaris besides having it crashed.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #52
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
guess you got one of the few lemons no one else on this forum seems to be really having issues with their yaris besides having it crashed.
yea but with a bad lemon comes a bad lemonade so you have to toss all that lemonade out and buy a new batch which will get costly ><

I'd just like to know what other sensors are connected to the MAF sensor...possibly O2 sensors?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #53
yrsdrgn

alright dropped car off at dealership...but on the way there whenever i signaled or rolled down a window the engine would shut down and restart itself......my car is haunted with bad luck >< i couldn't even pull into the dealership's driveways w/out the car dying on me....really sucks. so i have to pay $135 again for inspection and it has something to do with the electrical now (i have fogs, auto start two-way alarm, alpine headunit and taillights......all installed at another place or by myself and a friend) sooooo..............this is going to take the car away from me for another week maybe? two weeks w/out being able to drive my car w/out any problems >< i want my car back w/out problems!!! ><
Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #54
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
alright dropped car off at dealership...but on the way there whenever i signaled or rolled down a window the engine would shut down and restart itself......my car is haunted with bad luck >< i couldn't even pull into the dealership's driveways w/out the car dying on me....really sucks. so i have to pay $135 again for inspection and it has something to do with the electrical now (i have fogs, auto start two-way alarm, alpine headunit and taillights......all installed at another place or by myself and a friend) sooooo..............this is going to take the car away from me for another week maybe? two weeks w/out being able to drive my car w/out any problems >< i want my car back w/out problems!!! ><
ur killing me smalls...i'm feeling ill for u...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote