Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Voltage stabilizer

I've got some questions for those of you out there who know automotive electronics. I'd like to understand how these things work. I understand that it's capacitors in there, but for example, Sun Auto - http://www.sunautomobile.com/ - has three models, one for low to mid, mid to high, and a multi rev range. Does anyone know the capacitance/arrangement for the different types? Is there a voltage regulator in the unit as well? This is one that I've never looked into before so I don't know much about it.

Please do not comment if you don't have anything productive to say. I'm looking for honest information.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Honestly I think they are a waste of money, upgrade to a decent battery before wasting cash on things like voltage stabilizers, or grounding kits.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
jcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dY
Honestly I think they are a waste of money, upgrade to a decent battery before wasting cash on things like voltage stabilizers, or grounding kits.
Like I said I'm looking for honest information here. I tend to agree with you, but I used to think grounding kits were a waste until I installed one on my Altima (nothing expensive, nice inexpensive kit) out of curiosity and it did make a bit of improvement at idle. Nothing ground shaking, but if you're looking for as much as you can....

I doubt I'd get one, but I'm holding my final opinion until I actually here from someone who knows these things a bit, or have tried them.

Again, please no negative comments. I'm looking for information, not opinion. Not trying to be a jack ***, just curious and want to know actual information. Thank you.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
armhergo

Drives: no car
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39839
armhergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
jcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by armhergo
Thank you very much. That was exactly what I wanted. I may try to make one myself. I an electronics background, and this looks like a very easy thing to try.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #6
armhergo

Drives: no car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Thank you very much. That was exactly what I wanted. I may try to make one myself. I an electronics background, and this looks like a very easy thing to try.

no problem........keep us posted
armhergo is offline   Reply With Quote