Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Cool Just bought a Vitz RS, I have some questions...

Greetings to all

I recently purchased a 2005 Vitz RS (JDM spec) 1.5 5 speed manual.
So far has been a great car and I love it, I just had a few queries maybe some of you could help me with:

-I've got the factory HID lights and they seemed to be angled too low, they are really bright but they dont light up enough of the road. I know car headlight beams can be adjusted, how would I go on about readjusting my ones ?

-This is the first time I have owned anything close to a sporty car (tuned suspension and exhaust etc) I am surprised as to how loud it is, don't get me wrong, I love the sound but I feel maybe the dude who owned it in japan may have done some mods. I have heard other Vitz RS on idle and they sound the same but I havent heard them on higher revs. Also, the suspension feels great, quite stiff and doesnt roll in corners. Anyway I can check wether my setup is factory or not ?

-I have driven a few manual cars, and the clutch on mine seems quite stiff compared to the rest. Its a small car but the clutch feels quite heavy, I drove a Honda Fit and a Corolla hatch and they both had very light clutches.

-Now this problem I also have with my Vios. The accelerator pedals are those e-throttles. I find them waaaay too light and sensitive. On my Vios if I rest my foot on it, it will rev to 5K rpm. The Vitz is bit better but still not great. Is there anyway I can stiffen them up ?

-My side mirrors have led turn signals on them, but the right side one is totally dead. I am generally good with taking parts of cars apart and repairing them etc, but how would I go about opening up the mirror, I don't see any easy way.

Regards.

-
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
-I've got the factory HID lights and they seemed to be angled too low, they are really bright but they dont light up enough of the road. I know car headlight beams can be adjusted, how would I go on about readjusting my ones ?
There's a screwable hole.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11245

-This is the first time I have owned anything close to a sporty car (tuned suspension and exhaust etc) I am surprised as to how loud it is, don't get me wrong, I love the sound but I feel maybe the dude who owned it in japan may have done some mods. I have heard other Vitz RS on idle and they sound the same but I havent heard them on higher revs. Also, the suspension feels great, quite stiff and doesnt roll in corners. Anyway I can check wether my setup is factory or not ?
the first thing you can do is probably check the color of the springs. black = factory

-I have driven a few manual cars, and the clutch on mine seems quite stiff compared to the rest. Its a small car but the clutch feels quite heavy, I drove a Honda Fit and a Corolla hatch and they both had very light clutches.
the clutch is indeed heavier than i had in my civic before, but not that heavy. if it was modded, probably racing clutch was put in?

-My side mirrors have led turn signals on them, but the right side one is totally dead. I am generally good with taking parts of cars apart and repairing them etc, but how would I go about opening up the mirror, I don't see any easy way.
you'll have to remove the color-keyed mirror cover. but you'll have to remove the mirror glass first to get to the mounting tabs. no easy way, sorry.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
here. I never installed the auto adjust switch to it, but i simply used a hex bit to adjust it manually. screwdriver can work too.

as for the mirror, have the mirror facing up all the way, grab the bottom part, then pull towards you. it should pop off.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote