Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
karloslatynos

Drives: 2012 Yaris TR 1.33 VVT-i Man
Upgrade front windscreen to heated one

Hi guys,

I've got a two chips and one crack on my front windscreen. It means it will fail on MOT test. The dealer have quoted me £170 for replacement, which is not that bad, however I'm wondering if I could replace it with the heated one? Is there any pre-wiring existing? I am proud owner of French build 2012 Yaris.
karloslatynos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:43 AM   #2
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
I didn't even know it was an option! It's definitely not listed anywhere in the 2014 Yaris (U.K. spec.) brochure.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Never knew that option existed... anywhere.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
It’s a good idea though maybe something will come up with one.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #5
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpj View Post
I didn't even know it was an option! It's definitely not listed anywhere in the 2014 Yaris (U.K. spec.) brochure.
I am not sure whether it was an option for UK spec in 2012 (when mine was built) but I know my mates one 2015 has that option. Its the same bodywork so should fit. What I am looking for is to find out whether its been pre-wired for heated windscreen. I was positively surprised when found out that the French build Yaris is pre-wired for front fogs, foot well lights, cruise control etc. and all that is just plug & play. What I need to find out is whether is there harness present for heated windscreen like for example for foot well lights? Anybody got the diagram?
Old 03-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Perhaps our resident expert here on Yarisworld, CTScott, has the answer.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #7
mrpj

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloslatynos View Post
I am not sure whether it was an option for UK spec in 2012 (when mine was built) but I know my mates one 2015 has that option. Its the same bodywork so should fit. What I am looking for is to find out whether its been pre-wired for heated windscreen. I was positively surprised when found out that the French build Yaris is pre-wired for front fogs, foot well lights, cruise control etc. and all that is just plug & play. What I need to find out is whether is there harness present for heated windscreen like for example for foot well lights? Anybody got the diagram?
Well I've "built" a Yaris on Toyota U.K. and nowhere is there an option for a heated front screen. It only lists a rear "defogger" which I assume is a heated tailgate window.
The current Yaris brochure (U.K.) has no mention of a heated front screen either as a standard fit or option for any of the trim levels. Does your mate's have one fitted or is it just an option? Sorry but I doubt it. Which model does he/she have?
It would be a useful feature though, instead of some of the "gimmicks" they do extol.
There is a thread on this site re footwell illumination if you'd care to search.

Last edited by mrpj; 03-03-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
2009D4d

Drives: 2014 Yaris Icon + 1.4D4D
The only market that had a heated windscreen option is Japan for their Yaris equivalent the Vitz and even then only the lower screen is heated where the wiper parks, there is no option for a screen heater in any other market.
2009D4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
2009D4d

Drives: 2014 Yaris Icon + 1.4D4D
Quote:
No UK Yaris has a heated screen, I suspect he has climate control which has a button for the front screen but all it does is push all the air to the windscreen and turns the fans to full, it does not heat the screen
2009D4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:03 PM   #10
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009D4d View Post
No UK Yaris has a heated screen, I suspect he has climate control which has a button for the front screen but all it does is push all the air to the windscreen and turns the fans to full, it does not heat the screen
Double checked and yes. The front screen button send all the air on the front screen but it is not an electric heated. What a shame. Fiesta offered that option as standard.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #11
mrpj

Quote:
Double checked and yes. The front screen button send all the air on the front screen but it is not an electric heated. What a shame. Fiesta offered that option as standard.
Ford have fitted heated windscreens for years and it is an excellent and useful feature.
Yes, that upper button, directly above the rear heated screen button could be mistaken for a heated windscreen because, like the heated rear screen it is called a "defogger". It does have a different symbol to the rear one though.

Last edited by mrpj; 03-04-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #12
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
theres no heated front window minus the defogger this is an economy budget car not a mercedes. it just happens to have alot of aftermarket support in japan because of their tax brackets there and their cheap easy entry level racing cars.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote