Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
bairjo

I need new floor mats...

My OEM floor mats are not holding up very well. I was considering on another thread replacing my exhaust this summer but found out that won't be needed. So, I am looking to find a better quality set of front floor mats...that also look nice. I would appreciate suggestions/photos of the ones you have and like, as well as, the ones you have tried and suggest are ones to avoid. Thanks in advance.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
Weathertech floor liners are awesome!

I've been running the fronts for two years. Just ordered a set for the back today. Perfect fit . can't wait to get the rears. Really keeps the dirt/mud/caleche (sp?) In bay .
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #3
YHWilliam09

Drives: '09 Base 2-door Hatchback AT
I love my WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners. Look great, fit perfectly, and function very well! Haven't tried any others, because I haven't had to. Worth the price.
YHWilliam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
bairjo

Thank you for responding, I will check out the WeatherTech mats. Is there a Yarisworld sponsor that sells them? If not, where did you get them?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
http://www.weathertech.com/toyota/20...ion/automatic/

the digital fit ones are almost twice the cost, but should fit like a glove. the all weather mats aren't custom made so will probably fit well depending on the vehicle.

I notice on their site that the digital fit mats only give the option of the automatic for the yaris. I assume the manual and auto yaris have the exact same floor pattern. I haven't looked at an auto yaris in years, so is the shift console box the same?
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Be careful with Weathertech, because in my 2010 hb I could not get the Digital Fit floor mats because my Yaris isn't equipped with the heating vents below the front row seats. Make sure your Yaris is, or else the mats won't fit. So I ordered the WeatherTech All-Weather floor mats, instead. That was my only option. I think it SUCKS WeatherTech couldn't get their act together to make a Digital Fit floor mat for those of us who have a Yaris without the heating vents.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
Be careful with Weathertech, because in my 2010 hb I could not get the Digital Fit floor mats because my Yaris isn't equipped with the heating vents below the front row seats. Make sure your Yaris is, or else the mats won't fit. So I ordered the WeatherTech All-Weather floor mats, instead. That was my only option. I think it SUCKS WeatherTech couldn't get their act together to make a Digital Fit floor mat for those of us who have a Yaris without the heating vents.....
They should still fit the same with or without the vents.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
428CobraJet

I bet they (hb) are all the same. Mine is a 5 speed m/t. Bought the fronts 10.9.09.
'2009 toyota yaris hatchback floorliner digital fit 1st row'
. 99.95 plus 18 in 2009.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
428CobraJet

At the time they didn't offer rears.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
I went to the link provided by roxy1 and when you are looking up the model etc., they now ask if your Yaris has those lower heater vents. They must have had some issues that caused them to ask this now. Anyhow, they look like something I am interested in. I'll wait and see if anyone else has other mats they really like and go from there.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
I went to the link provided by roxy1 and when you are looking up the model etc., they now ask if your Yaris has those lower heater vents. They must have had some issues that caused them to ask this now. Anyhow, they look like something I am interested in. I'll wait and see if anyone else has other mats they really like and go from there.
Because if you have the vents, and you took ones that are made for without vents (if they made them), then you would be blocking the vents. So the digital fit has to fit the Yarii without vents...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Love My WeatherTech's!

Got them in July 2013 for my 2013 L - they are awesome. Got them through Amazon.com - Have the rear liner, also, even though no one has been in the back seat 'cept for me.
I got a few Gray "carpet samples" at a flea market last August, one for a spare. I put one on the drivers side to protect the WeatherTech
It will be be mint in 15 years when I have 50,000 miles on the car

You'll love them if you get them. They ARE expensive, but look SO sweet!
Attached Images

yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #13
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

In the last photo you can see they have holes for the turn-pins that hold the OEM mats in place, to keep the mats from sliding. Weathertech's have the same holes - the Weathertech's have a perfect fit, they won't budge much at all.
They are 'welled' and will hold a lot of junk in and keep your carpets from getting anything on them. I have the original OEM mats, they are near perfect, I need to sell them on eBay or something.
There is a gas door release lever on the drivers side by the door, the WeatherTech fits around that, too, it's darn perfect precision.
I need to vacuum mine and wipe them off a bit, they are dusty!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #14
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Because if you have the vents, and you took ones that are made for without vents (if they made them), then you would be blocking the vents. So the digital fit has to fit the Yarii without vents...
I figured that. I just wonder if that option to ID vent or no vent was available when bentjazz ordered his or if he just ordered the wrong ones.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #15
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
I figured that. I just wonder if that option to ID vent or no vent was available when bentjazz ordered his or if he just ordered the wrong ones.
I don't remember seeing an option for with or without the vents. Mine's a 2013 Yaris L, so 3rd Generation...
I did see some decent looking heavy-duty mats at Wal-Mart near me before I took the WeatherTech plunge. I'm going to keep this car for a LONG time, hopefully the rest of my life, so that's the plan...figured I'd get the nicest I could. I love them absolutely NO regrets with the purchase.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #16
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Here's a review from Amazon (where I got my mats) in Regards to the 2007 Yaris (which I am sure will work for 2008-2011) (Or whichever years they made the second generation)

Fitment for 2007 Yaris confirmed despite description to the contrary.
By edgyver on February 15, 2014
On the Weather Tech web site, it will ask if your 2007 Toyota Yaris has vents under the front seats. There is no option to even say no. But, our car didn't have them. So, fitment was uncertain. I ordered anyway. I just went out and installed them and they DO fit a car without the vent. Apparently, there is a small raised area of the floor on the rear corner of each mat near the center tunnel of cars with the vent. The mats compensate for that small "hump". On a car without the vent, the mat simply has a raised portion over nothing. It doesn't detract from the looks, fit or functionality one bit. =)
Old 03-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I called WeatherTech again today and asked them about this. They said Digital mats for a Yaris without a heating vent would not work because the mat configuration is different for a Yaris with a heating vent compared to a Yaris without a heating vent.

I called them back again just for the helluvit, and got another rep and he said even without the heating vents, he was 99.9% sure the front mats would work, but the back would not.

So who the hell knows. If the Digital mats do work on a Yaris w/out a heating vent, I'll be pissed because the reason I didn't buy Digital mats to begin with is because when I originally called they told me they wouldn't work. Ugh.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Got them in July 2013 for my 2013 L - they are awesome. Got them through Amazon.com - Have the rear liner, also, even though no one has been in the back seat 'cept for me.
I got a few Gray "carpet samples" at a flea market last August, one for a spare. I put one on the drivers side to protect the WeatherTech
It will be be mint in 15 years when I have 50,000 miles on the car

You'll love them if you get them. They ARE expensive, but look SO sweet!
Nice! thanks for putting the photos,,,,now i'm getting the bug to get em..