Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #37
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Driving other cars makes me love the Yaris even more. They all seem to have much bigger blind spots, and it feels like you have to drive them a lot more carefully. Also their turning radius all sucks compared to a yaris. It really is the ultimate city vehicle. Got enough room to carry some stuff or some people, wonderful gas mileage, and an awesome turning radius. And not completely gutless like similar cars from the past.

Every other car I drive makes me like the yaris more. It could be a big bad expensive luxury car, and I'd still think it sucks in traffic or its hard to see out of. Hard to give up those perks that are directly related to the driving experience. Imo toyota really knocked it out of the park with the Yaris.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #38
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
Driving other cars makes me love the Yaris even more. They all seem to have much bigger blind spots, and it feels like you have to drive them a lot more carefully. Also their turning radius all sucks compared to a yaris. It really is the ultimate city vehicle. Got enough room to carry some stuff or some people, wonderful gas mileage, and an awesome turning radius. And not completely gutless like similar cars from the past.

Every other car I drive makes me like the yaris more. It could be a big bad expensive luxury car, and I'd still think it sucks in traffic or its hard to see out of. Hard to give up those perks that are directly related to the driving experience. Imo toyota really knocked it out of the park with the Yaris.
Yeah. I've driven a lot of different cars. Mainly for work or hire cars while traveling and even despite the high cabin noise. I find the Yaris drives pretty well (in fact its kind of fun) and I've yet to find another car with such a comfortable driving position. Its not a problem anymore but i used to live somewhere with on street parking and i never had to worry about parking the Yaris. Some of the space i got it into were insane.

I'm actually thinking about dealing with the cabin noise by putting some sound deadening in. There are a few other little mods like fog lamps and heated wing mirrors i'm thinking of adding to mine as well.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:57 PM   #39
sherlockholmes

Drives: Yaris 09
I don't know about you guys, but if I put more than 200k miles on my car and it does me only good (like Yaris) I would never sell it for cheap. Driving it would be more fun. Toyotas last long time, so either you get emotionally connected with the car, or at some point the "issues" will make you hate the car.
sherlockholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #40
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post

I'm actually thinking about dealing with the cabin noise by putting some sound deadening in. There are a few other little mods like fog lamps and heated wing mirrors i'm thinking of adding to mine as well.
Same here, I'm just going to fix the high cabin noise and keep on going. Some dynamat, mass loaded vinyl, and closed cell foam will fix that right up. You could also do some undercoating with something like spectrum sludge, and give the doors some dynamat and that door barrier from cascade. By the time you've gone this far though, you've probably spent more than $800. But the care may be more quiet than most luxury cars. Cause they don't go that far. I'd love to see a decibel comparison before and after. I also thought about doing the firewall with that foam and aluminum backed stuff for sound they have on amazon. But I kind of want to be able to hear the engine well enough in case something goes wrong I'll for sure hear it.

But yeah after I found a replacement engine with a whopping 8k miles on it, and a trans with 16k miles, for a total of $1400, I won't be selling the yaris any time in the next 10 years. Its with me for another 10 years at least, maybe another 20 years. Cause then you have to basically start the countdown over again. Cause maybe that new engine and trans doesn't die for 500k miles.

So that only leaves on last thing, that nobody can really do anything about. In 2029, a 2009 Yaris might be pretty unfashionable looking lol. Then again, put some wheels off a 2029 toyota on it, and paint it a Toyota color from 2029, and it would go a long way to updating it for awhile.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote