Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
TDL

Drives: 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Order is in.. Mettalic Meteorite Liftback.

Should be here in a few months. I am extremely excited. Only wish I could have gotten the power windows/locks, etc. Wasn't a option for the midwest location. Why Toyota does this is beyond me. Anyways, does anyone know if Mettalic Meteorite is the same color as the car pictured below? Thanks.

TDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Congrats man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL
Only wish I could have gotten the power windows/locks, etc. Wasn't a option for the midwest location.
That...sounds like a load to me but okay. Just add the power goodies later once she gets in.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
yep, that's meteorite metallic
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
twixt

Drives: 07 LB,04&06 ninja 636
Send a message via AIM to twixt
I have that exact car, color looks great in person and hides dirt pretty well. youll love it.
twixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Nice color!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Nice car, great color.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL
Should be here in a few months. I am extremely excited. Only wish I could have gotten the power windows/locks, etc. Wasn't a option for the midwest location. Why Toyota does this is beyond me. Anyways, does anyone know if Mettalic Meteorite is the same color as the car pictured below? Thanks.

Hey congrats! I'm officially jeoulous of you! HA! Anyway silver is a nice color and I think it looks really really nice on the Yaris hatch. You lucky dog you!
What part of Minnesota you in? I live north of St. Paul...if for some wierd reason you don't want your liftback I can send you my address and you can just drop it off! Just leave the keys by the garage in the bushes....

Keep us posted and I'm sure you'll love your ride!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
Pompeii66

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan
TDL,
It will look EXACTLY like mine.
BUT
I have the power package, Automatic, plus factory alloy rims.
Don't believe the dealers crap.
I waited 3 months for them to FIND me one.
Just installed XM Satellite radio this weekend. .
Attached Images

Pompeii66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Yeah, that's my car you're posting. Saw my dopplerganger while driving around today. Good lookin' car. ;)
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #10
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
the difference is that YOU HAVE THE AUTOMATIC liftback..there is NO PROBLEM getting an AUTOMATIC LIFTBACK with Power Package, just impossible to get the Manual Transmission Liftback with the Power Package. I tried Very, very hard and called all around the country..it is very lame!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #11
TDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
the difference is that YOU HAVE THE AUTOMATIC liftback..there is NO PROBLEM getting an AUTOMATIC LIFTBACK with Power Package, just impossible to get the Manual Transmission Liftback with the Power Package. I tried Very, very hard and called all around the country..it is very lame!!!
I agree. I love Toyota's but there building process totally bites. I had the same problem buying my Tacoma truck from them. I wanted side airbags and it was not an option in the midwest. So what? Only part of the country gets an accident on the sides? Plain weird. As for the power package, I can live without it but I can't do an automatic. It had to be a manual. I am so pumped. Can't wait for it. Anyone getting any discount off the MSRP? I got $200 off. $12220 + tax and license. Included convenience and all weather guard package plus floor mats.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

discounts on these are VERY few and far between, many people are paying OVER MSRP
You will love the Meteorite Metallic, I think it's got a good amount of Red flake/pearl in it..very cool in different light settings (natural, artificial HPS, artificial fluorescent, etc.etc.etc.). I'm guessing the reason it's called Meteorite is because that is the phase in which the "rock" gets superheated in the atmosphere..giving the red streak we see in the sky (or whatever color it is..i'm colorblind as hell). My Black Sand Pearl is not really black, more of a dark coffee color..if you'd like I can post some closeups of the Yaris emblem..up close you can see ALL the the different flakes!!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #13
TDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
discounts on these are VERY few and far between, many people are paying OVER MSRP
You will love the Meteorite Metallic, I think it's got a good amount of Red flake/pearl in it..very cool in different light settings (natural, artificial HPS, artificial fluorescent, etc.etc.etc.). I'm guessing the reason it's called Meteorite is because that is the phase in which the "rock" gets superheated in the atmosphere..giving the red streak we see in the sky (or whatever color it is..i'm colorblind as hell). My Black Sand Pearl is not really black, more of a dark coffee color..if you'd like I can post some closeups of the Yaris emblem..up close you can see ALL the the different flakes!!
Sure. That would be cool. Can you take some interior pics/dash/etc for me too. I am planning a sound system already.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL
I agree. I love Toyota's but there building process totally bites. I had the same problem buying my Tacoma truck from them. I wanted side airbags and it was not an option in the midwest. So what? Only part of the country gets an accident on the sides? Plain weird. As for the power package, I can live without it but I can't do an automatic. It had to be a manual. I am so pumped. Can't wait for it. Anyone getting any discount off the MSRP? I got $200 off. $12220 + tax and license. Included convenience and all weather guard package plus floor mats.

Discounts are hard to get but we did get a great deal. It's a lot of works and haggling but pays off if you are persistant.
Basicaly we went to 4 dealerships One local, 3 out of town.

Talked to the first sales rep and he gave us the paperwork of what it would cost, too it to the next dealership and said this is what I want if you can give me a better price I'll consider buying from you...
Took that discounted offer to the next dealer and so on an so forth.
then finally brough the best offer back to our local dealer and said NOW, what can you do for us? If you can beat that price or match it, we will buy it right now.
When it was all said and done we got $600 off the top PLUS $500 for a collage graduate thing they had at the time. PLUS.. I did not trade my truck in, I actually sold it to a private dealer through the dealership and they were able to use my truck as trade to save me the taxes.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #15
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
Pompeii, I hate you. I want the power package soooooo much. I'm gonna get an aftermarket kit hopefully. But hey, mine came with a locking gas cap thats the only difference from mine and the doppleganger here in town, and the tint.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #16
Pompeii66

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstb88
Pompeii, I hate you. I want the power package soooooo much. I'm gonna get an aftermarket kit hopefully. But hey, mine came with a locking gas cap thats the only difference from mine and the doppleganger here in town, and the tint.
Did I mention that my LiftBack now has CRUISE CONTROL?
Attached Images

Pompeii66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:21 AM   #17
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL
Sure. That would be cool. Can you take some interior pics/dash/etc for me too. I am planning a sound system already.

here is a pic of the BLACK SAND PEARL closeup WITHOUT having been waxed yet. I am colorblind, so my ability to see Green/Red is a bit obscured. Though, i've heard comments about the Meteorite Metallic having red in it.
Attached Images

Last edited by TRD_Yaris; 08-01-2006 at 12:05 AM.
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #18
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
me feet cramp all the time(I left foot brake)

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote