Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 AM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
EDIT
I just built and priced your Yaris at Toyota.com with the following options:

15" Power Package w/ Steelies (Not Alloys)
Automatic
Side Impact Airbags
Foglights
No ABS (Anti Lock Brakes)
No Rear Spoiler

It came out to nearly $17,000. Also, the "Build-A-Toyota" function for your area sucks. They don't even list inventory of what may be close. It just says "Contact the Dealer" on there. All I can do is wish you luck.
Yet another thing to consider... I love my Yaris and all, but if you're going to spend $17,000 on a car why aren't you buying a Civic or extremely lightly used RSX?

Better yet, compromise and get a bare stock liftback. You'll pay under $13,000. By this logic you'll have $4000 you didnt spend on your car to put into a sunroof/stereo/fog lights/rims etc...

On a side note, I was really bummed out when I went to get my car because I wanted a fully loaded liftback. I even asked if they made a LB in the S trim. Toyota is shipping barebones liftbacks to the US for a couple of reasons. Number one is that Toyota expected sales in the United States to be about 80% sedan and 20% liftback. I think those numbers will end up being wrong but regardless the liftback was supposed to be the Yaris for entry-level car owners who were short on cash/financing options. If you want a liftback with any options on it, gooooooood luck. Those seeking the sedan are luckier... I bought my car in Kent, Ohio at Don Joseph Toyota and that particular dealership has had nothing but S sedans coming in since I bought their one and only liftback. Seeing as how the sedans are the ones that are supposed to come with the options, I don't see why you would have any problem. If you do and don't mind driving to Ohio, let me know. ;)

On a side note, I talked to a sales associate/scion junkie at the dealership about the Yaris and its tuning potential, and he hinted at some TRD products coming out for the Yaris in the not-too-distant future. A TRD Supercharger was included. Could be bullshit, but I'm being optimistic. FI under warranty would be hottttt.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 AM   #20
paeko73

Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulousbaby
Wow, quick response boys.

As far as rear spoiler, I was gonna add that aftermarket since Toyota charges $430 (I'm also gonna add exhaust tip for looks, navi, VIPER and sunroof aftermarket as well. I'm starting a new job where I have to drive alot and love the idea of a fully loaded new car w/ good mileage under 20k, which is why I'm determined)

I guess I could be flexible with the fog lights (I'll just add aftermarket).

ABS is not a MUST I guess (is this the same as anti-lock brakes??)

And I guess I could also replace wheel covers with alloys aftermarket too.

So, being flexible, I want a Yaris S with white/silver/red/blue exterior with charcoal interior, Power package, and must have side/curtain airbags. Am I askin 2 much?!
Watch out with the $ things... Toyota only charges $110 for the fog lights (factory installed and integrated into the control stalk; aftermarket ones can't do that)... aftermarket spoiler may cost you around $200, then you will have to pay for painting and installation.. comes out to be about the same (leave alone paint shops do lousy job & your spoiler will end up fading before your trunk)... something to think about girl!!!!!
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #21
fantabulousbaby

Drives: 3 series
U guys r helpful.. it's to the point that I'm super concerned with trying to save money by doing aftermarket stuff anymore.. it's just that at the bare minimum, I need a "S" sedan with side/curtain airbags and even though I've been told that there are just 'none' in the US that have the airbags.. but this lucky guy on another post found one in Arizona, I bet it was a canceled order. To the guy who found one in Ohio, I wouldn't mind gettin my car there if they had it.. my mommy stays in Ann Arbor, Mich.
fantabulousbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #22
ChinoCharles
Banned

I'll call my dude up there tomorrow and let him know that theres people swarming the net looking for specifics and willing to drive hundreds of miles to get them. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to sell a car or ten.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #23
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I got a regular sedan in about 8 weeks with air bags and all the goodies (see signature), and I paid under MSRP. I am probably an anomaly tho. Here is how it happend.

I did quite a bit of research on the Yaris and I new exactly what options I wanted and I wasn't on any time restraints, this is key. I was willing to wait for the options I wanted so I went into a dealer and told them what I wanted to order AND I told them I WILL wait to get the exact options I wanted. They made it clear that you do not actually "order" the car. It works on an allocation basis. Cars are made at the factory with different options and colors. When and if a car matches your options, then it is allocated to you and put into your name. They said it would take approx 4 to 12 weeks.

6 weeks later I get a call from the dealership and the salesman says that my car is here. I take the family to the dealership to pick it up and I look at the car and it doesn't have one single option that I asked for. The salesman takes me back to his desk and has the nerve to ask me if this was a deal breaker, OMG. I was pretty furious so I just walked out. The next day the sales manager calls me and says that their inventory manager screwed up and didn't check to see that the car didn't have the options I "ordered". He tells me that they would have to order it again. I told him that was bullsh*t that I would have to wait all over again because of their screw up so he said he would see what he could do. So.....magically he calls me up a few hours later and says he found one down in Arizona with all my options. So I told him if it had all my options then to go ahead and get it. He briefly mentions the sticker price and it was a bit more then what I had orginally agreed to pay because it had a couple of extra options on it like floor mats, bumper protector and door sill enhancement, BUT I figured since they screwed up they would give me those things for free. I am not going to pay more because of their screw up!! (Yeah yeah, I knew at this point I should take what I can get but I hate being screwed over by people.)

A couple of days later I called the sales manager to verify that I was going to pay for what I originally ordred and he basically said no way and that he wasnt making anything off the car to begin with so he would not give me those options for free. So.... I told him that I could care less how much they made off the car, I told him where he could put his car and canceled my order. After I hung up with him I imediately called their corporate office and filed a complaint, this company has a dozen or so dealerships in the Denver area.

The next morning I got a call from the general manager of the dealership and explained what happened. Told him it wasn't fair that I had to pay for options I didnt asked for even tho I was willing to wait for the car I wanted. After reminding him that they screwed up AND that my wife work buys fleet vehicles from their dealerships and that their relationship would be damaged, he promplty took off the price of those options plus a few hundred more.

So, almost 9 weeks later I got my car with all the options I asked for plus a few more AND paid well under MSRP for it. I wonder how I should fill out the survey card for the dealership when I get it in a few days? Moral of the story, If you are not in a hurry and have some patience then you will probably get what you want. If you are in a hurry to buy a car then this one probably isn't in the cards.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #24
fantabulousbaby

I may come and jack you... you got side airbags?! I suppose I'm going to have to wait for what I want, I can't seem to get in any other way.. I just know it's gonna be torture waiting. I wonder if it does take 3 months to get in, will the supply of yaris' be more plentiful by then, or will they have a lot more of em with side airbags? With my luck, go figure! (FYI I insist on side/curtain airbags for the rest of my life due to an accident in 03 where a drunk driver totaled my car and left, and the airbags saved me!)
Old 08-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #25
sroberts

I hear you about the air bags. I insisted on them when I ordered the car. I have two kids and I want to make them as safe as possible in such a small car. Also insisted on the power package so I could roll down the windows in the rear for the kids too.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #26
msagowitz

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I like what chino said earlier, 17k will get you a civic lx, which is one of the wisest car investments you can make in my opinion. The 2006 civic is beautiful and it did win motor trend car of the year...if you really can't wait to order one, I'd definitely look into it.
msagowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #27
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
The civic was my second option, but for 3-4K more I opted for the Yaris.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #28
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by msagowitz
I like what chino said earlier, 17k will get you a civic lx, which is one of the wisest car investments you can make in my opinion. The 2006 civic is beautiful and it did win motor trend car of the year...if you really can't wait to order one, I'd definitely look into it.
You are 100% right. Add in the fact that the Scion xA (base model) is only $1105 more than a Yaris (base model) and you get PW,PL,P.Mirrors,Cruise,ABS, and MUCH MORE STANDARD!!
The Yaris is a car for people who seek Uniqueness.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #29
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I do agree with you on the xA, I didn't do a whole lot of research on them as I should have before I bought the Yaris. But hey, I like the Yaris. If I had to do over again I would have looked at the xA better though.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #30
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Enjoy the Yaris, all comparatives I have read, and my own test drive, show the yaris to be a better ride. IMNSHO
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #31
ChinoCharles
Banned

Wait a second... AND I QUOTE!

Quote:
(I'm also gonna add exhaust tip for looks, navi, VIPER and sunroof aftermarket as well. I'm starting a new job where I have to drive alot and love the idea of a fully loaded new car w/ good mileage under 20k, which is why I'm determined)
Why, again, aren't you in the market for a Scion tC? 26 mpg average, and you'll be right around $17,000 after TTL, and you won't have to wait, and it has 160 horsepower... I could keep going. Just get one of those, haha... they basically come loaded.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #32
fantabulousbaby

it was kinda a close call.. i think a tc brand new loaded would cost more than a yaris loaded.. also am a young female, sedans are cheaper than coupes in terms of insurance.. yaris mpg average closer to 40 than 26.. yaris has head airbags (i'm adament about having side/curtains for rest of my life).. tc's are 'common enough' on the road.. i think yaris 's' is not common.. for now anyway.. yaris doors actually have depth, bangs like the big boys, prolly more than my 3 series, makes me feel safer (i've been hit bad before). it's conservative yet sporty.. and i guess i'm being considerate of the rare occurences when I'll have more than 1 guest.. they won't have to climb in and out. but i do think the tc is smooth..
Old 08-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #33
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
it was kinda a close call.. i think a tc brand new loaded would cost more than a yaris loaded.. also am a young female, sedans are cheaper than coupes in terms of insurance.. yaris mpg average closer to 40 than 26.. yaris has head airbags (i'm adament about having side/curtains for rest of my life).. tc's are 'common enough' on the road.. i think yaris 's' is not common.. for now anyway.. yaris doors actually have depth, bangs like the big boys, prolly more than my 3 series, makes me feel safer (i've been hit bad before). it's conservative yet sporty.. and i guess i'm being considerate of the rare occurences when I'll have more than 1 guest.. they won't have to climb in and out. but i do think the tc is smooth..
<on one knee> darn, girl, you know your stuff.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #34
fantabulousbaby

Thank u. What I don't know is where Round Rock TX is (I live in Houston) and how long it'll take for my S to get here
Old 08-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #35
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Old 08-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #36
sroberts

She is definately a girl who knows what she wants. That is rare these days.