Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Be Careful About The Prices.

The sales dude kept talking about aftermarket markups, because people were just scooping them up no matter what options they had... He said, that there are some places marking them up 3,000$ above sticker. Wether this is true or not, or schtick? I told him I would buy it for sticker, or walk. Discounts are non existent, but you will have to fight your ass off for a lower interest rate. They don't wanna give you anything! They do appear to be moving a lot of product, though.

Last edited by Buckethead; 07-23-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
yes yes yes! exactly the same thing i had to go through. and i was buying one with 4k miles on it and slightly used. the interest rate thing was crazy. i was able to get 4 points lower finding my own financing and they were trying to talk me into taking the 4 point higher financing :) lol, are they nuts?
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I agree. Check out this thread on YarisWorld
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
Honestly your best chance of getting a good deal on this car is if you get lucky and they have one in stock unaccounted for on the last day of the month at night. They make monthly bonuses and that same car is worth a lot more on the last day of the mo nth than sold the next day. This is what happened to me on May 31st. They were littereally begging me to buy the car. They were trying to throw stuff in for me. They tried marking up the alarm system and i was about to walk so they lowered it by 500. Still i think i could have gotten ALOT better deal. Too bad i have zip negotiating skills.

I guess you just hav to get lucky. Better chances of getting a better deal on sedans i would think. Always buy on the last of the month. And go at night.
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
ctrj

Drives: 07 Yaris Sdn, 97 4Runner
If you're paying above sticker, you're nuts! We special ordered our Yaris Sedan and paid sticker for it. This was back in May. The price difference between invoice and sticker is not much and most dealers are not dealing on these cars. But DON'T pay more than sticker!!!
ctrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
Take one look at www.cars.com and dealerships are selling used (about 4,000 mi.) hatchbacks for 17k. It's nuttz. Whatever you do, don't pay more than sticker. The dealership is already ripping you off. Don't give them one dollar more than you have to.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
Take one look at www.cars.com and dealerships are selling used (about 4,000 mi.) hatchbacks for 17k. It's nuttz. Whatever you do, don't pay more than sticker. The dealership is already ripping you off. Don't give them one dollar more than you have to.
wow, that makes me feel good. i got one with about 4k miles with windows tinted, an undercoating put on and paid about 1000 under msrp.
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrj
If you're paying above sticker, you're nuts! We special ordered our Yaris Sedan and paid sticker for it. This was back in May. The price difference between invoice and sticker is not much and most dealers are not dealing on these cars. But DON'T pay more than sticker!!!
Dealers are scuzzbuckets..you would think a quick-selling car like this would give them a break..but no. If they see the SLIGHTEST chance of screwing you, you're rear's gonna be sore the next morning, guaranteed.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:02 AM   #9
JustBurn
Technical

Drives: 2007 Yaris S, 5 speed
Send a message via AIM to JustBurn
I purchased my Yaris at Concord Toyota in California.

Sticker price (with options) was $15,950
I purchased the car for $14,100 without even asking for a deal. I was ready to purchase at their asking price.

Keep in mind that my S model also has every option you could get i believe.

Power package with mp3, spoiler, fogs, alloys, carpet, cruise, upgraded interior cloth... the only option i don't have is AT or the rear bumper protection thing.

I almost bought a Corolla... But the corolla S started at like 17K i believe... I'd rather have the top of the line Yaris than the base corolla...

what did everyone else pay?

for what its worth... I priced mine out on Cars.com and they are saying invoice is...

$14,717

And MSRP is...

$15,800

Those are with most of my options... Its missing some stuff like the floormats and maybe something else too (not sure if i have the side curtain airbags...)

So i payed roughly 1800 under MSRP, and 750+ under invoice (floormats add like $150)

Last edited by JustBurn; 07-24-2006 at 02:14 AM.
JustBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 AM   #10
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBurn
I purchased my Yaris at Concord Toyota in California.

Sticker price (with options) was $15,950
I purchased the car for $14,100 without even asking for a deal. I was ready to purchase at their asking price.

Keep in mind that my S model also has every option you could get i believe.

Power package with mp3, spoiler, fogs, alloys, carpet, cruise, upgraded interior cloth... the only option i don't have is AT or the rear bumper protection thing.

I almost bought a Corolla... But the corolla S started at like 17K i believe... I'd rather have the top of the line Yaris than the base corolla...

what did everyone else pay?

for what its worth... I priced mine out on Cars.com and they are saying invoice is...

$14,717

And MSRP is...

$15,800

Those are with most of my options... Its missing some stuff like the floormats and maybe something else too (not sure if i have the side curtain airbags...)

So i payed roughly 1800 under MSRP, and 750+ under invoice (floormats add like $150)
You're gonna get some hate-mail for this one
Good price on the Sedan. I hate to admit I paid darn-close-to MSRP on my Liftback.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:22 AM   #11
Dawn Eshelman

Drives: Silver Yaris Liftback
My dealer had a $2,500 mark up above MSRP...of course they can get away with it here in Maui. Only dealership on the island, so there's no competition. I could have shipped one from Oahu for MSRP, but I wanted to dump my VW Beetle. So...they say they gave me $5,650 for my bug, and charged me $15,650 (with markup) for the Yaris. I say I got the Yaris for $13,650, and they gave me $3,650 for the bug...either way I paid $10,000 w/trade. Mine had ABS & Convenience. I ended up with 4.5% at my credit union...
Dawn Eshelman is offline   Reply With Quote