Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
fantabulousbaby

Drives: 3 series
Texas gal needs ur help please!

Trying not to get upset right now... I'm ready to buy my Yaris and it can't be found. I am in Houston and want exactly (no more or less):

Yaris S (emphasize S) Auto trans

Silver, Red, or White, or Blue exterior w/ Charcoal interior

!! Side and Curtain airbags

Fog lights

ABS

Power Package w/ 15" alloys (pow doors/windows/mirrors, cc, etc)

I DON'T WANT 2 have to order, they're saying 3-4 months!

(Just 2 be a little flexible, if there are no fog lights, I'll do aftermarket, and if there are no alloys, I'll put them on)

The multiple houston area dealerships have only the regular sedans, not S, and none of them have airbags. Can you please act like I'm someone u care about and help me locate one? I would be eternally grateful!!
fantabulousbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
paeko73

Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulousbaby
Trying not to get upset right now... I'm ready to buy my Yaris and it can't be found. I am in Houston and want exactly (no more or less):

Yaris S (emphasize S) Auto trans

Silver, Red, or White, or Blue exterior w/ Charcoal interior

!! Side and Curtain airbags

Fog lights

ABS

Power Package w/ 15" alloys (pow doors/windows/mirrors, cc, etc)

(Just 2 be a little flexible, if there are no fog lights, I'll do aftermarket, and if there are no alloys, I'll put them on)

The multiple houston area dealerships have only the regular sedans, not S, and none of them have airbags. Can you please act like I'm someone u care about and help me locate one? I would be eternally grateful!!
How about rear spoiler?
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I probably can't help you locate one...from the options you want it looks (at this point) to be very very very hard to come by, namely the side curtain airbags and ABS. Sorry, not to be a downer...hey you might luck out. Have you tried out of state or different cities? Although since you want a sedan with auto that shouldn't be hard but as you mentioned since your looking at the "S" model it might be alittle harder. If you're not willing to order you might be looking in the time that you could have order, know what I mean? Spend about 3 months (heaven forbid) looking for what you want when you could have just ordered it for that same period of time. I'm just trying to give a constructive "solution" or suggestions, obviously its totally up to you.
So you don't want to order cause the wait and you need a car now or soon? Or just because of the wait? If its just because of the wait it will be worth it if you want this car so bad.

Anyway I'm sure others here will be helpful, I do wish you the best of luck, don't give up! You seem like a determind person! Keep us posted!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
fantabulousbaby

Wow, quick response boys.

As far as rear spoiler, I was gonna add that aftermarket since Toyota charges $430 (I'm also gonna add exhaust tip for looks, navi, VIPER and sunroof aftermarket as well. I'm starting a new job where I have to drive alot and love the idea of a fully loaded new car w/ good mileage under 20k, which is why I'm determined)

I guess I could be flexible with the fog lights (I'll just add aftermarket).

ABS is not a MUST I guess (is this the same as anti-lock brakes??)

And I guess I could also replace wheel covers with alloys aftermarket too.

So, being flexible, I want a Yaris S with white/silver/red/blue exterior with charcoal interior, Power package, and must have side/curtain airbags. Am I askin 2 much?!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Right now, asking for anything is asking too much when it comes to finding your car. Dealerships are lucky to get one every few days.

They should be able to find you what you want at another dealership, but expect to wait for weeks and pay to have your car brought to you. Its hard out there, haha.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
...And a partridge and a pear tree! Bad news for now, any available Yaris's are being scooped up! Base, or not.
You want yours with all those specs, you might have to wait a bit.

Those is the bricks.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Right now, asking for anything is asking too much when it comes to finding your car. Dealerships are lucky to get one every few days.

They should be able to find you what you want at another dealership, but expect to wait for weeks and pay to have your car brought to you. Its hard out there, haha.
Charles speaketh the truth. My local dealership had 4 Sedans the beginning of last week and now they only have 1 left. The supply to demand ratio is pathetic so unless you're prepared to order one, you may be out of luck for a while. Good luck tho!

EDIT
I just built and priced your Yaris at Toyota.com with the following options:

15" Power Package w/ Steelies (Not Alloys)
Automatic
Side Impact Airbags
Foglights
No ABS (Anti Lock Brakes)
No Rear Spoiler

It came out to nearly $17,000. Also, the "Build-A-Toyota" function for your area sucks. They don't even list inventory of what may be close. It just says "Contact the Dealer" on there. All I can do is wish you luck.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
fantabulousbaby

AWWWWWWWWWW MAANNNNN. Looks like I HAVE to order. Besides me being impatient with it, I've read on other posts that people got so sick of waiting they just canceled! I don't wanna be one of those..

BUT this internet manager emailed me back and offered to order it for me to my specs for 100 over invoice!

I emailed 20 dealerships and their offers on ordering were mostly at MSRP to a couple hundred below.. they wouldn't budge..so, I'm kinda surprised.

Go ahead and feel free to tell me I better snatch that deal before he changes his mind or whatever..
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #9
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
AWWWWWWWWWW MAANNNNN. Looks like I HAVE to order. Besides me being impatient with it, I've read on other posts that people got so sick of waiting they just canceled! I don't wanna be one of those..

BUT this internet manager emailed me back and offered to order it for me to my specs for 100 over invoice!

I emailed 20 dealerships and their offers on ordering were mostly at MSRP to a couple hundred below.. they wouldn't budge..so, I'm kinda surprised.
Yea, most dealerships won't negotiate at all on a Yaris. Mainly because they know the high demand for it. If you don't buy it, someone else surely will soon. They know that and will use it to their advantage. If this guy is giving you a good deal and can get it fairly quick, do it.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
let me just tell you that when I was looking for my S I had to compromise on the Fogs and yes...ABS is Anti-lock which I also didn't get, but I don't like it anyway so I am happy about that. At any rate I had to drive 2000 miles to get mine....on the up side of things I did get over 40 to the gallon the whole trip so the cost other than food was not bad at all (this is taking into consideration when I got my 96 tercel I got the same mileage however I was paying right around a dollar a gallon). My advice as I am sure a lot of others would be especially with the options you want with the S....bite the bullet and order.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #11
Befuddled

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Trying not to get upset right now... I'm ready to buy my Yaris and it can't be found.
I'd say go ahead and order what you want. Up here in MN I was told 8-12 months for special order. Took what I could get (had a choice between 2)
Befuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befuddled
I'd say go ahead and order what you want. Up here in MN I was told 8-12 months for special order. Took what I could get (had a choice between 2)
A YEAR?! To hell with that.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
My order took about 3 months, so I'm kinda lucky (I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted, but the color I got - Silver instead of Blazing Blue - I think looks even better).

SO, I think you should order it and wait. You can still shop around and see what unclaimed car your dealership gets. Worst case scenario, if you find a car you like before the 3 months, you can cancel the order.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
fantabulousbaby

I must ask why you didn't get EXACTLY what you wanted if you ordered... kinda defeats the purpose for me!!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #15
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
I must ask why you didn't get EXACTLY what you wanted if you ordered... kinda defeats the purpose for me!!
If you find something that is very close like say...it doesn't have fog lights, then screw it. Go with what they got. If it's something major like auto/manual, or a color choice that you don't like, then just wait it out. Only compromise if you're comfortable with it.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
The only thing I compromised was the color (Silver instead of Blazing Blue), and I don't think it was a bad compromise. Looking backwards, I think it was even better this way!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
I'm here north of Austin, and I will be searching/calling dealerships for you tomorrow. Being persistent is key. Over the 3 weeks I searched for mine, I LITERALLY made over 500 phone calls!!!!
I was able to located mine from Tegeler in Brenham, Texas (near College Station) but it was a cancelled order I LUCKILY swooped up only a few hours after the cancellation.

Anyway, please email me your phone number and information so that IF I LOCATE IT I CAN HAVE THE SALESMAN call you.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #18
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
they wouldn't even special order a Liftback Manual with Power Steering at the time I was looking. There was simply too high of a demand and they were just cranking them out of the factory in one "trim" for each Manual & Transmission...
kinda sux, but I just couldn't wait any longer to start saving money on gas..if i had my way i would've got the power package, tint, and foglights from the factory. Toyota has lost my respect on this purchase. But, overall, it's a delightful little car. If you're looking to get a loaded S model, I suggest you atleast test drive the Scion TC and the new Honda Civic which are both around 17,000. The honda civic would give you about the same gas mileage (30 city 39 highway) and the scion tC is VERY sporty and LOADED with cool options INCLUDING a retractable glass roof..not just a plain old sunroof.
All the same, the Yaris is a great car, but when you start getting into the 17,000 range just remember you've got some other very nice options.