Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #19
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
yea the best bet is to get the cheaper yaris, and order the aftermarket rims or features from the dealer seperate.
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #20
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
another opinion

Having had 9 Toyota vehicles in 15 years, I was frustrated for the first time being unable to get what I wanted for at least another month or two. I chose to give up on the ABS and power package. Someone remaked it was easier on the west coast but there are even weirder options there. I couldn't get a model with larger heater and wash tank. Definitely needed for my move out of the desert this spring.

I amazed at how many car experts there are here under 25. I wish I was knew so much at 25. (laughing and ducking)

Actually I've learned a bunch here in just a few hours... more than anywhere else. Thanks to all the yougsters and their interest in mods!!!!

Thanks from the "ol fart"...
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #21
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
The shipment of Yari arrives in Florida for the Southeast Toyota Distributor.
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #22
ctrj

Drives: 07 Yaris Sdn, 97 4Runner
We sat down with our salesman and went over what we wanted, what colors we would accept and waited. They said it could be a month, but they located our car with in one week. We drove it off the lot with 90 miles on it (that's how far they went to get our car).

ctrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #23
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
LB or Sedan?

I could get any option packages on a sedan and not wait. There are usually 6-10 on the ground in Las Vegas every day. LB is what I wanted and bought. I like the euro design better than the Japanese designed sedan.
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
Kr0n1k

Drives: AE101 Prizm('07 Yaris 3DR TBA)
I was told up to 2 months for a Polar White 3DR Manual with no options (just the inconvienient package). Ahh well, that would just allow me some time to have a nice set of wheels and other goodies waiting for it. :)
Kr0n1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #25
leamsi

Drives: yaris liftback blazing blue
I have 6 weeks waiting for Blazing Blue with power package, dealer guy call after two week I place my order, he have a white yaris with convenient package, almost said, I take it. Because he said the blue one it will be by middle of September. I want the blaizing blue.
I ask for power windows and automatic, have to be power package or nothing, I was told.
leamsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #26
Honogram

Drives: Polar White Yaris RS 2007 HB
Whoa... It seems like the US is having a hard time ordering what they want from Toyota.

I got mine pretty quick, within a week! Maybe the demand is higher in the US... afterall you guys have more people than us in Canada.

So I am guessing US calls it the Liftback instead of what we call it, the Hatchback?
Honogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
leamsi

Drives: yaris liftback blazing blue
So I am guessing US calls it the Liftback instead of what we call it, the Hatchback?[/QUOTE]

We call them in both way lift back and hatchback.
leamsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #28
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I call it hatchback. After about 3months, I got in contact with the dealer and he told me that he didn't know when they would get the car the color I wanted, but had one in the lot in exactly like I wanted (HB, standard with convenience package) but in Silver (I wanted Blazing Blue). Needless to say that I drove it home :D. I love the darn thing. Racing it a little over the weekend, I got about 325 miles on a tank (well, until the last bar started to blink, I filled about 9.9g), about 32.5 mpg which is more than when I could ever get on my old Chevy Prizm. I'll try to drive slow and easy this tank to see how far I can stretch it.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #29
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Meh, I was told a 9-week wait for a custom ordered one. After leeching on here and hearing of the bad experiences from other members about ordering in one, I settled on a Red Liftback with no power package. I originally wanted a blue one with power and ABS, but oh well.

Heh, they had this liftback at their dealership for one day. They got it on July 3rd and I bought it on the 4th.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #30
Honogram

Drives: Polar White Yaris RS 2007 HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
Meh, I was told a 9-week wait for a custom ordered one. After leeching on here and hearing of the bad experiences from other members about ordering in one, I settled on a Red Liftback with no power package. I originally wanted a blue one with power and ABS, but oh well.

Heh, they had this liftback at their dealership for one day. They got it on July 3rd and I bought it on the 4th.
Yea... lol... I probably would have done the same... after testing driving the first one. I had to get one for myself haha... called the dealer right after the test drive to see if they had the one i wanted... and luckily they had 1 left lol (Polar white 5dr RS + A/C). Of course I said, reserve it for me! Then I got it a week later
Honogram is offline   Reply With Quote