Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Speaker install relocation.

Did not like where rear and door speakers were placed.

Decided to panel mount.

Turned out real good.

I packed pillow stuffing inside rear pillars and used closed cell foam around speaker housing to get nice seating/fit.

Way better location for speakers in my opinion.

Original location behind rear seats were drowned out and set back too far.

The fronts on the floor same issue.

Anyway just had to share

Heres some pics...http://imgur.com/a/7zSuB

Last edited by Pinchlite; 11-18-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Came out really nice. I especially like the ones in the rear.

Side note, we have the same head units.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
Pinchlite

Speaker location mod.

Thanks.

That should of been location of rears from factory in my opinion..the doors sound phenominal aswell.Much better location.Very happy with pioneer as the power acoustic digitizer flaked out 4 months in.I could get fixed but not worth it.The pioneer has many more features and is much more intuitive in its layout when making adjustments on the fly.

Total cost was 730.00 CAD.

Not bad price/performance.

P.S

You're tires,wheels cost and size.Did you lower?..looks like it.

I got a quote for 1500.00CAD for RTX, TURBINE, 16 x 7, 4 and Comp TA.

This is total price installed and ready to roll.

Your car looks awesome BTW.This is my first toyota and love it.My next car will be a toyota again.Too bad what they did to the new body/front end with the newer yaris's.I like this car better then my civic(RIP) and my buddys loaded edition fit.

Here is a pic.No rust original paint.I think black wheels would look real nice.http://imgur.com/a/8XtX8

Oh ..did I mention your ride looks real nice...��

Last edited by Pinchlite; 11-18-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
ern-diz

Ha, thank you, mighty kind of you to say. I actually just got these wheels this week. My old ones had seen enough of these Cali roads after 9 yrs. These are Enkei RPF1, 17x7, +43mm offset. Got them from TireRack.com for $242 each plus tax, shipping and about another $105 for the center caps. Total out the door was $1,143.20. Used my existing Michelin's because I just got them a few hundred miles ago. Your quote with tires sounds good, but I highly recommend checking out Tire Rack. You pay for shipping, buy they're competitive and had them to me the next day. I couldn't believe it. No local shops I called even had the black RPF1's in stock.

I am lowered about 2" with Tein S Tech springs. Still running stock struts. I get a tiny bit of rub over heavy freeway hips and at certain angles when the wheel is fully turned to one side, but it's very minimal. I can totally live with it as it's not damaging anything. Just barely touching the plastic at the top of the wheel well.

Your car looks great and I'm a sucker for black, so I'm with you on color choice lol. Highly recommend lowering. I was crazy for waiting so long to do it, it's one of my favorite mods.

Post more pics if you have some. Did I mention I love pics? I think I might have somewhere

On Wheelwell
Old 11-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #5
Pinchlite

You have to remember I am in Canada so shipping is expensive.There are quite a few shops in 50-100 mile range from me that sells and stocks rims.Plenty of choices for sure.I wont be getting new wheels untill spring/summer.

Does having larger wheels make a big difference.

The car handles quite good for what it is but tire roll is noticed when I push it through a turn.

Not sure if I should go 16''.This is what was recommended.

Not even sure if its worth getting new wheels period... without lowering?

Between my hobby and life in general new wheels is cutting the budget.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
Looks awesome. Great job. Will attempt this some day especially for the rear speakers as my Vitz RS only has a front pair from factory and no rear speakers at all.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #7
Pinchlite

Speaker relocation.

Cant seem to find any good pics of the rear section.You could also go 5.25 in the rear if need be.

I see the vitz is called the Echo here in Canada.I see quite a few of them around.I really like toyota after owning my first....being my current Yaris.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #8
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
DAT HEAD UNIT! want one !! and also... DAT phone mount, I can see it is fixed there but what is it an what is this head unit ?
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:34 PM   #9
Pinchlite

stereo and phone mount

avh-280bt pioneer.I think its the cheapest priced headunit fron pioneer.

Works fantastic and absolutely zero complaints.

This is made for windshield but i wanted the phone where I could see and access easily.It works great when using GPS navigation as I can see it clearly up close.Very solid unit and my 6'' phone has never fallen out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bracketr...?skuId=7695023

Available at Canadiantire,amazon.ca aswell
Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #10
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
CanadianTire... For Real ??? never saw it there (I work there LOL)
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:36 PM   #11
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
Does having larger wheels make a big difference.

The car handles quite good for what it is but tire roll is noticed when I push it through a turn.

Not sure if I should go 16''.This is what was recommended.

Not even sure if its worth getting new wheels period... without lowering
Larger wheels make a big difference in looks lol.

Apparently 15's are ideal for performance. Guys with serious builds that autocross run 15,s. They say 16's are a nice trade-off between performance and looks. I went 17's because more show than go lol.

Lowering has it's own benefits in both looks and handling. You can accomplish it for a lot less than wheels. If I were to do it all over again, I would have lowered first for a couple hundred bucks and rode around on naked steelies before buying wheels and having all that wheel gap the way I did for so long.

Just my 2 cents.

On Wheelwell