Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Need some serious advice...

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local auto shop and try to repair it myself?
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.
That should be a warning sign right there

damnit. second time someone got me with this...
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
lol...didn't know if it had been on this forum before. Should've searched. I got taken on an autox forum...
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Oh wow, I got really into it and started to thinking of proper techniques of what to do to help you as I read.

Good job there.

Last edited by LEGATO``; 11-21-2009 at 05:04 PM.
LEGATO`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
you got me. i was gonna say confront her,lol.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Here's the version I saw 2 1/2 years ago:

Letter from a professional guitar player to the "Dear Abby" help column in a newspaper.

Dear Abby...

I think my wife is cheating on me. I am a working musician and, as you would expect, travel a lot. I have been noticing strange things happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or she says, "I'll call you back later". When I ask her who called she gets evasive.

Sometimes she goes out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner and walking the rest of the way.

I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

A buddy of mine plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy have been to his gigs. He wanted to borrow my guitar amp. That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening. I said "sure, you can use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with". He agreed.

Saturday night came and I slipped behind my Marshall JCM800 half stack to get a good view. I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp. It was at that moment, crouching down behind the amp, that I noticed that one of the tubes was not glowing as bright as the other three.

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a technician?

Thanks,

Very Concerned.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Smile

And here's the reply i wrote for that one:
Dear Concerned:

First try unplugging the amp, letting the tubes cool, then slide that tube in and out of its socket for a while, er, kinda like honeymoon action. Get your wife to help, might cause some sparks. If that doesn't work, get some Caig De-Oxit and give the socket clips and tube pins a generous shot and plenty more sliding action. No joy? Replace the tube. You just might find more satisfaction in a perfectly matched pair. Be sure and get the bias set just right. Can't get things working with the wife? Might have to replace her, too. Careful about going for a matched pair. That doesn't work nearly as well as with tubes. Do be sure to carefully check bias before installation of a new wife; this is even more important than with tubes. Break in lovingly, with a long gentle warmup. Keeping one on standby while the other is still in service is NOT recommended and will void all warranties. It may cause collateral damage that can result in loss of ALL of your gear. And it is definitely not advised to try swapping wives to see which gives the best "tone;" catastrophic failures are far more common with new ones than with ones that have been in place for a long time, though they may tend to give somewhat reduced output after a while. Reliability counts for a lot, though.

If you work it right, hopefully you'll soon again be experiencing that sweet warm glow from both your half stack and from your stacked better half.

"Valvey"
Old 11-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
^^ OMG! You're Dear Abby? Who knew?
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
ahhhhhhh Damn it AGAIN
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
---yawn---
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 AM   #11
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Who uses MOBILE, to refer to a cell phone outside of Europe?
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Who uses MOBILE, to refer to a cell phone outside of Europe?
Europeans who live or travel outside Europe.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Dear Abby, Dear Abby, well I never thought that me and my girlfriend would ever get caught. We were sitting in the backseat just shooting the breeze, with her hair up in curlers and her pants to her knees. - signed, Just married
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i posted this up months ago

we had a good laugh with that one girl on here who though i was totally serious lol

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #15
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17746

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
Dear Abby, Dear Abby, well I never thought that me and my girlfriend would ever get caught. We were sitting in the backseat just shooting the breeze, with her hair up in curlers and her pants to her knees. - signed, Just married
I love John Prine!