Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
The only knock on the PS3 is that not all are backwards compatible with PS2.

As you can see the ones made in the last year are not BC. Sony removed the 2 processors for compatibility to reduce production cost...
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #20
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
and xbox 360 is?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

They neutered ones have this neat little sticker...

But, and this is the kicker, they may play PS1 games even if it doesn't play PS2!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #22
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
and xbox 360 is?

Not really. But the PS3 was compatible at one time now it isn't. I have a 500GB PS3 and it is BC. Oh yeah... it is really easy to upgrade the hard drive on the PS3, for cheap. Try that with a 360.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
The x-box 360 has a higher number of online players in the network. PS3 does not. Then again, this could partially be because PS3 is still new and was not all that affordable for most people. In our house we have all 3 of the majors (360, PS3, and Wii). He hasn't really bought any games for the PS3, and the new ones that have come out he has gotten for the 360. Again, mainly because all his friends play on X-Box Live. Personally, I'd so go Wii. I love Nintendo, always have, always will.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #24
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
360'S are plagued with the RED RINGS OF DEATH and no BLUE RAY playback BUT it does offer a far more selection of games and exclusives. PS3 is just as good and even better in the graphic department in some cases. mostly its all up to the purchaser and what he likes. i was a sony nut UNTIL i seen the trailer for the first GEARS OF WAR and was hooked ever since.....
That's why I originally chose 360, because of it's games, but soon found out that those games were only as good as the console. Nothing takes the fun out faster than getting another error message during game play, watching the game lockup, shutting down and having to restart.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #25
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
sure there is , doing it multiple times lol,

my buddy and i did a test side by side xbox 360 and ps3 running the same game (assassin's creed). Although the load times are a bit faster on the xbox the ps3 never stuttered once and everything was silky smooth
FYI:
if you install the game onto hard drive for the 360 those load noises go away.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #26
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
FYI:
if you install the game onto hard drive for the 360 those load noises go away.....
Does that fix the dirty disc/unable to read error messages? I knew my discs were clean because they were always new and installed into console and not removed until game was finished. The whole time I owned both X360s I constantly got those messages, right after I heared *snapping* noises...if I was quick enough I could save current game before game would lock up, most of the time I wasn't fast enough. And I always covered console with dust cloth when not is use, so I can't figure that dust buildup was that much of a problem for me.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #27
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
That's why I originally chose 360, because of it's games, but soon found out that those games were only as good as the console. Nothing takes the fun out faster than getting another error message during game play, watching the game lockup, shutting down and having to restart.

RROD means the 360 is dead. No restart is going to bring it back.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #28
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
FYI:

And a huge hard drive it is... NOT.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
I love my 360. I picked it simply for the games and better online playability(if that's a word). I did get the "RINGS OF DEATH(screaming epic voice)" and though I was pissed that it had happened. I found MS customer service to be absolutely excellent plus I got a FREE 3 year warranty extension. Keep in mind that I have the first gen of 360's....which means no HDMI output and only a 20gb HD. As far as online being 50 dollars a year it's very much worth it. Lets face it the only reason Sony's online is free is because they know they can't compete with MS on that front. IDK....I can name a lot of great games exclusively for the 360. Maybe there's a reason why a lot of game developers no longer make games just for the PS anymore. One big one being Square Enix.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #30
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I love my 360. I picked it simply for the games and better online playability(if that's a word). I did get the "RINGS OF DEATH(screaming epic voice)" and though I was pissed that it had happened. I found MS customer service to be absolutely excellent plus I got a FREE 3 year warranty extension. Keep in mind that I have the first gen of 360's....which means no HDMI output and only a 20gb HD. As far as online being 50 dollars a year it's very much worth it. Lets face it the only reason Sony's online is free is because they know they can't compete with MS on that front. IDK....I can name a lot of great games exclusively for the 360. Maybe there's a reason why a lot of game developers no longer make games just for the PS anymore. One big one being Square Enix.

It is a known fact that it is easier to port a 360 game into a PC platform than a PS3. Due to the simplicity of the 360 platform it is also easier just to code a game for the 360. To the game manufacturers, easier = cheaper = more profit.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #31
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Does that fix the dirty disc/unable to read error messages? I knew my discs were clean because they were always new and installed into console and not removed until game was finished. The whole time I owned both X360s I constantly got those messages, right after I heared *snapping* noises...if I was quick enough I could save current game before game would lock up, most of the time I wasn't fast enough. And I always covered console with dust cloth when not is use, so I can't figure that dust buildup was that much of a problem for me.
not sure about the problem you have/had but install worked for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
And a huge hard drive it is... NOT.
im happy with what it came with as i only play one game at a time anyway. just buy the upgraded one and be done with it.....

Old 11-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #32
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
just buy the upgraded one and be done with it.....

Yeah... right. Buy the overpriced upgrade, what a great solution... 120GB 360 HD for a retail of about $140-150? Oh yeah, the same price as when it came out a few years ago. Compare to the price of your average notebook SATA drive and it's not looking very competitive... Rumor has it there's a 1TB drive on the horizon, I wonder what the price will be if it's true?

I'll keep it simple. I use my 360 to play games. I use my PS3 to play games, watch DVD's upscaled to 1080p, watch Blu-Rays, watch TV shows, crank out Mp3's and once in a blue moon, surf the internet.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Why not just use your pc for gaming? I haven't owned a game machine in many years so take my opinion for what it's worth but isn't the pc the ultimate multi-purpose tool?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #34
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
eh, not really. To get the latest greatest games to run right on a pc costs mega money. Consoles are usually much cheaper for that. Plus consoles have a much better selection of games, usually.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #35
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Yeah... right. Buy the overpriced upgrade, what a great solution... 120GB 360 HD for a retail of about $140-150? Oh yeah, the same price as when it came out a few years ago. Compare to the price of your average notebook SATA drive and it's not looking very competitive... Rumor has it there's a 1TB drive on the horizon, I wonder what the price will be if it's true?

I'll keep it simple. I use my 360 to play games. I use my PS3 to play games, watch DVD's upscaled to 1080p, watch Blu-Rays, watch TV shows, crank out Mp3's and once in a blue moon, surf the internet.
if you pay retail for ANYTHING i feel sorry for you. ive seen that 120gb drive for 60bucks.....

Old 11-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #36
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2 View Post
Why not just use your pc for gaming? I haven't owned a game machine in many years so take my opinion for what it's worth but isn't the pc the ultimate multi-purpose tool?

I do that too...