Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Hella 118db horns

I was wondering if anyone has replaced their wimpy OEM horn. I used to own an old porsche that had this great sounding Euro horn on it. It was a hella trumpet horn. Anybody have any other aftermarket euro horn suggestions?

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
esquiva
Noypi ako!

Drives: 07 S Sedan 5-Speed M/T
on mine, i installed a couple of Stegel Magnum-2's. 115dB at 2m. 139 dB at 4in. an italian brand.
www.stebel.it

Nene jr.: tay, peram naman ng kotse o...
Boy Bastos: sige pero isang kondisyon. mag-ano muna tayo.
Nene jr.: tay meron ako ngayon e. blowjob na lang kita.
Boy bastos: o sige.
pagkatapos ng blowjob...
Nene jr.: tay, bat lasang tae yung etits nyo?
Boy bastos: ah ganon ba? hiniram kasi ng kuya
mo kanina yung kotse e!
esquiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
The stock horn is hiliarously thin and weak.
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Those look crazier than the hella horns. 139db!!!? That would really scare the crap out of the pedestrians around here!
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I put these in: http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/piaa85112.html

Pics here: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=16

I read a number of reviews about the Hellas failing from water infiltration. That's why I got these. They sound great.

The other day I was using a little piezo buzzer as an electrical tester under my hood and my daughter heard it. She thought I was installing a wimpy horn, LOL.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
nick34

Drives: '06 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquiva View Post
on mine, i installed a couple of Stegel Magnum-2's. 115dB at 2m. 139 dB at 4in. an italian brand.
www.stebel.it
I DIYed the magnum2 horns too ..
TWM short shifter kit , Skunk 2 10anniversary gear knob
Sparco Torino 2 , Sparco Carbon Fibre Pedal
Webasto sunroof , J's Racing GT Wing
Apexi RSM - Black , Apexi Turbo/NA Timer - Silver
Pivot Shift Lamp
nick34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 AM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I actually got mine changed to another Toyota OEM one, same as on the Camry I think. I don't honk very often but it does sound much more like a big car's horn!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 AM   #8
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
I honk my horn too much to have something crazy loud... somethign about teh entire center of the wheel being the horn button... i hit it alot when turnin with 1 hand.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hahah yeah that used to happen a lot, or when leaning over to look for something in the passenger side...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I gotta invest in a real horn. This guy totally stold my lane the other day and then this lady nearly smacked me today. I tried honking but it's like I am driving an invisible, mute car.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Many times ppl have almost merged into me and I honked at them and they did not hear me and I almost got ran off the road.... ppl can not see or hear me, so I got a loud exaust, I think I may have to get a duel note horn as well how much have ya'll been payin for these horns?
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #12
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I don't honk very often but it does sound much more like a big car's horn!
The Thai driving code requires you to honk your horn when overtaking, and if there's oncoming traffic you have to flash them with your beams as well. So either you're <beavis & butthead>breakin the law, breakin the law</beavis & butthead>, or you don't overtake much
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Isn't the Thai driving code "Every man for himself"?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #14
Razr
YRS WHOR

Yep: Every man, woman, ladyboy, tom, underage driver, dog, tractor, buffalo, motorized baffalo, alcoholic, drug addict, falling apart POS, mobile food stall, tuk-tuk, songteow, rickshaw, bicycle, scooter, motorbike, car, truck, pickup, van, bus, and skylab for themselves :)
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #15
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

you forgot elephants! Are you sure you got your license the improper way (i.e. by actually passing the tests)???

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #16
Razr
YRS WHOR

Yep, no under the counter payments when I went to do it - some bigwig from Bangkok was up here cleaning up corruption ROFL. Of course this just means they forgot to cut him in, so heads had to roll.

As it was, the physical tests took 3 mins, written test 5 minutes, and the driving test took all of 45 seconds (no kidding!) - not a big hassle at all, and frankly so easy it's difficult to see why you'd pay 500-2500 (In the know Thai - super green Farang) Baht to avoid it once you know what little time/effort is actually involved.

In any case, when my insurance company is going through me with a fine toothed comb, trying to find anything that'll allow them to refuse paying for the 10M in accident damage I just caused, all my i's will be dotted and t's crossed :P
Old 03-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Hehhe I know what you mean, I also got my licence "properly", to the amazement and wonder of friends. Had to redo the practical part twice though, I sucked at parallel parking...

Did you do the written test the old way, as in, on paper? They had a new computerized system when I did it, and oh boy I was lucky to pass, the questions were nonsensical, and a couple of them were even repeated three times (the system randomly picks 30 questions out of several hundred in the database). And many of them had nothing to do with any of the stuff they showed in the training videos and booklets

And I have to do it again at the end of the year... oh boy...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #18
Razr
YRS WHOR

Here in CM you only get "one shot" at the parallel park, but that in that one shot you can have unlimited "adjustments" in order to get the required 20CM from the curb. Even hitting the curb is OK LOL. Watching the Thai drivers (who all thought they were just going to pay 500 and be done with it) try to do it was a fuckin howler

My written test was on paper, but when you see the answers list they use to grade the tests, it's clear that there's only 5 different English tests, but probably 50 or 60 versions of the Thai language test. Got 30/30 on that one, and was suprised at how good the English grammar actually was. Seems like they've improved it all-round though now

You shouldn't have to do it all over again though.. After the first year (provisional license), all you need to do is front up with your license, passport, medical certificate, and letter of residence and they'll give you a 5-6 year license on the spot - no hassles. I went just after my birthday so got almost 6 years