Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
Mimm

Drives: 2010 toyota yaris red!
Fan not hooked up correctly making coolant leak?

Good evening!
I have a 2010 Toyota Yaris that seems to have a leaking coolant issue. I backed my car up, ready to leave when I saw I had a puddle of something under my car. After checking it was clear it was coolant. When I looked under the hood my coolant level was at full, but I did notice something else a little odd that might have caused the leak. I don't fully understand what everything is under the hood, so I have a picture:

You see the little, black clip that is on the upper right side of the picture? Both of those are not clipped on, and after I drove it back into the parking space I noticed you could hear it rattling a little.

Side note: I just had my car in for a recall and also oil change with tire rotation. I'm very sorry if I am not giving enough detail, I don't know much about cars >_<

Another, blurry picture:

Any help would be amazing, I do have an appointment to get it looked at but I am a little worried so I thought I would check with all you smart kids.
Thank you.
Mimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
It looks like to me that the fan has come loose from the radiator. As for your leaking coolant I would check the hose that does to the overflow bottle.

I suggest try pushing the fan housing back in so it clips in place. If you're not confident then ask a mate who is or take it to local mechanic if they are not too far.
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #3
hondajt

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE 5Dr
If the fan isn't connected properly, your temps could have risen, causing you to overflow coolant... Aka... You might not have a leak... But this should be thoroughly investigated.
hondajt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
gabriel2012

Drives: 2011 Base Sedan
When I bought my 2011 used I found the assembly wasn't clicked into place either, just gave it a soft push while pressing the clips and it went in.

Now, you said it was at the dealer, get everything checked with them and try to get the tech who worked on your car and ask him.

Tags
coolant, fan, leaking