Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #127
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
Speed signal

So I finally got the speed signal from the ABS module figured out. It really ended up being stick the wire in the hole, test drive, rinse and repeat, until I got it.

So I am using this as my speed signal and will remove the rest of the speed sensor wiring from the stock tranny. I will use the power supply to the sensor to power the MAF sensor instead of using the add-a-circuit.

More so just being anal about my wiring.

Here are pics of where I ended getting the signal from. It is the white wire, fourth from the left, in the top row, including the two bigger wires.
abs connector.jpg
I simply cut the pink speed signal wire, and spiced the wire to it going into the fuse box.
wires.jpg

I already added this info to the sticky, so future swaps using any trans other than the stock ones that have the speed sensor, can steal the signal from the ABS module, or just redo wiring for cleaning up the engine bay purposes.

I also double checked the speed on the gauge against my GPS unit, and they were almost exact. So both are way off, or both are dead on.
Project so far: 2zrfe swap, Megan racing coilovers, TRD rear sway bar, whiteline bushings, RPM long tube header, midpipe, and DC sports xD exhaust, brake upgrade in front, MI stainless braided lines all around, matte paintjob, Takada cold air intake, various gauges, rear seat and belts removed.
Future: Turbo.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #128
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Great work man!
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #129
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Awesome job man. So jelly!

For the new thread, do what Cranky has done and 'reserve' a bunch of posts for your documentation. Otherwise, pollution will happen.
2zr time, wee?
Old 06-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #130
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
Hello!!! So sorry I missed out on this Thread!!! Any help let me know going to start reading it all now!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #131
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaCaT View Post
Hello!!! So sorry I missed out on this Thread!!! Any help let me know going to start reading it all now!!!
Awesome, thanks!

Also did a just the facts thread here: Official how-to.
Project so far: 2zrfe swap, Megan racing coilovers, TRD rear sway bar, whiteline bushings, RPM long tube header, midpipe, and DC sports xD exhaust, brake upgrade in front, MI stainless braided lines all around, matte paintjob, Takada cold air intake, various gauges, rear seat and belts removed.
Future: Turbo.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:43 PM   #132
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushforhire View Post
Awesome, thanks!

Also did a just the facts thread here: Official how-to.
So much info it was great to read all of it!!! So glad more people are jumping on the swap.... In my personal opinion more power for the monet you can spend modding a 1NZ. Glad you you also went with the RPM Header love mines since day 1.
I just reswapped my 2 year old 2ZRFE with a a 12,000 mile one this sunday. Going to work on the internals, see how much power can be achieved