Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
gmasood

Drives: Toyota Passo 2007
Weird issue with Immobilizer

Hi
I purchased a second hand Toyota Passo 2007 with the Smart Transponder Key having keyless entry and igniton. Basically the ignition has a plastic Key like thing protuding out and you are supposed to turn on the engine with the KeyFob in the pocket. Kind of like the push Start but with the Twist function.
The problem is that My Smart Key works fine for Keyless entry i.e I can open and close the doors with the Key in my pocket using the small black button on the door handle but once inside the car the immobolizer light continues to blink.
The only way to start the car is to take out the small mechanical key form the Transponder fob, put it in ignition and then touch my Transponder Fob with the Ignition and twist then the Car starts.
These are symptoms of the depleted battery in the Fob but that is not the case as I have replaced the battery twice. The lock/unlock buttons on the Fob also work fine. I am at my wits end as to what might be the problem.
I know its a yaris forum and apologies for posting but any help would be great.

Many Thanks.
gmasood is offline   Reply With Quote