Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Should Admins be given more creative control
Give Admins More Control 9 81.82%
Keep Forum The Same With No Changes 2 18.18%
Don't Care 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Yarisworld.com Home Page Update

There it is folks! Our home page in all its glory. A second gen display of arguably the best years (USDM speaking personally) of the Yaris. So where are the newest displays of this great car? Where are the improvements to showcase this and entice people to come join? What does that home page right there give the average 3000 daily visitors that another someplace else will. My opinion tells me nothing. It's dated. It doesn't give me a lap dance and my guess is that those 3000 visitors wore sweat pants the day they clicked on that link expecting one.

How does a company like Google, Apple or the run of the mill chain restaurant bring in new customers? They evolve, they advertise, and they make an effort.

Most people on this forum care (at least they use to) about what goes on here and how the community image is portrayed. Then there are some that don't care. Either way, a community is a community. I personally have made a few life long friends here and that will always tie me back to this community/forum, and for that I am grateful. The lap dances definitely use to be better; try the steak, it's phenomenal.

My point? Let's face it, image sells and right now, I don't see much selling here. It has been mentioned again and again, but it seems to go know where fast and I can never figure out why. Why would someone intentionally neglect a good thing? Why would someone not want for their "baby" to succeed and progress? With a value of just over $19,000, that sounds like a pretty good thing for a forum that has been around for several years. Only problem that I see is that number really hasn't changed...ever.

Everyone will always have a better idea of how to run a business. Am I telling the Admins how to run a business? (yes, they actually make a little money off of this site)? Maybe I am. That's not my point here, clearly. It simply means I have entirely too much time today, and no one has committed a crime for me to interrogate them with a phone book.

So, here we are. What do we do about it? We can't, remember? Admins need to be given more control of this site. Maybe that's the answer, maybe it's not. But, it's an effort...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris.jpg (77.5 KB, 196 views)
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
It's the moderators that need more control, not our absentee admins.

What I find interesting is my Tapatalk icon for YarisWorld now shows a white 3rd Gen, or Prius C. So small I can't quite tell what it is. Until recently it had been a snippet of our worn out homepage.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

You are correct. Slip of my finger that it should be mods. I wonder now if the mods have the ability to edit that =/ lol

Last edited by KCALB SIRAY; 09-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Polls can't be edited by mods; only removed. Yet another example of outdated technology and limited mod powers. Sorry!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
There's a Yarisworld.com homepage? I just have the forums bookmarked ;)
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
What I'd really love to see is update to the layout of the whole site. You know, responsive (page layout adapts to your screen size), updated header, etc. Probably an upgrade from vBulletin 3.8 to 5.0.

Just my 2c.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
The only time in years the site has been updated was earlier this year when a coup was being discussed and then the owner finally installed TapaTalk. This as far as I can tell has only become a stop gap to keep the site from migrating to another platform or domain. Pretty damned sad because this site could very well generate profit for the owner or an owner if it was just paid attention to. Case in point is tunemytoyota.com. Great site, great community and the owner has no qualms with asking for assistance in paying the bills if needed. He explains what the donations will return in regards to upgrades and maintenance and afaik this has worked pretty well. Yes, as you can see I have no love for the owner of the site and haven't really since The Hack because he cut corners and didn't have the site backed up. That was a nail in a coffin that wasn't even on the table which caused the community to lose a LOT of great folks. People have jumped up and down for years here and even screamed from the rooftops, but it has made nary a difference unfortunately.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
tk-421
Super Moderator

I've been thinking about building a new site for you guys, but I'm still struggling to find a good package for paid members, since I need enough of them to keep the site afloat indefinitely. If you guys have any ideas please PM me. I'm pretty sure we can come up with something awesome.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
From just reading the thread about all the old screen names of people who are not here any more it might just be time to throw in the towel. This was a wonderful, unique and large community at one point with lots of interesting people worth talking to.

Lots of people have moved on and not that many have came around. Don't know why.

I don't know if anyone would judge anything by the splash screen though, I always ignore them and go see what the forum is actually like.

Not a fan of tune my Toyota, they almost ran me off the site because they totally misunderstood what I was saying and were not really interested in trying to figure it out or being patient. I actually met a couple of people from the forum at a car show and drag race in florida and they were really awesome.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
From just reading the thread about all the old screen names of people who are not here any more it might just be time to throw in the towel. This was a wonderful, unique and large community at one point with lots of interesting people worth talking to.

Lots of people have moved on and not that many have came around. Don't know why.
I don't know about that. There's new Yaris owners coming in every day... I think the demand is still there.

Last edited by tk-421; 10-04-2014 at 12:37 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
They come in waves
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
kcalb siray posting. That's an event all by itself.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #13
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

LOL, ass

EDIT: AND I've updated my build thread on your site, so HA! ((crawls back into hole from where KCALB came from to hibernate))

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
kcalb siray posting. That's an event all by itself.