Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
superguyerich
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Unhappy Hello! couple questions/problems about my Echo's/Yaris('s?)!

Hey guys, newbie posting here, but not my first time on forums!

so, first question on my list of newbie questions

I have a Yaris 06 1.5L- It is turning over, but seems like it has no compression. The guy brought it to my paps ( autowrecker) because the engine died. the alt belt turns over, but it seems like its turning over VERY easy.

Can someone give me opinions on what they think the problem might be? We think it might be timing belt, but I dont want to Influence your thoughts ^_^
*I have now done more research, and found it they have a timing CHAIN.. so, never mind. what do you think could be causing this problem?
** ok, more updates. checked the spark, good. checked compression from the tubes, good. soooo. now what!

Second question at the moment.

Can an engine/trans from a O5 Echo manual get swapped into an 06 Yaris manual.

Thank you very much for any responses.

Last edited by superguyerich; 05-19-2015 at 05:27 PM.
superguyerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I don't know the answer to your second Q but in regards to your first:

you also need to check for fuel. You can do this by disconnecting the fuel line and seeing if fuel comes out. Then when nothing is coming out of the fuel line have someone crank the engine and see if fuel comes out of the line where you disconnected it. If not then it is likely a fuel pump issue.

I'd also check your EFI relay, just swap it with another relay that is the same and see if it runs. If not than check the EFI fuses and AM2 fuse (if I remember correctly)

If all of those check out then it could be a bad or disconnected ground on your engine block. There are at least 2 on the driver side of the cylinder head. This causes my '02 Echo to crank and not start after removing the head to do some work. I'll be updating that thread later this week.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Pappy should have another engine for a YAris lying around Im thinking...

Tags
echo, thankyou, yaris