Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
KevD

Drives: Blue 2007 3dr 5spd
"!" brake warning light on

First off, happy new year!

This summer is pulled my main ABS fuse to disable them. This caused the ABS warning light to come on as i expected. Recently though, the "!" brake warning light has lit up. After doing some research, it sounds like a wheel speed sensor problem. Winter driving has probably gummed it up...

The other concern i have is when i get out of the car after driving to work (approx 30 mins) the passenger rear wheel smells like burning rubber/ burning brakes/ burning brake fluid (it's hard to determine exactly what the smell is). Almost like it's dragging the brakes. Fluid isn't low and the car doesn't seem to be held back like if the brakes were stuck on.

I'm wondering if this could be related to the warning lights!? Anyone have this happen?

Any info would be awesome. Thanks a bunch.
KevD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
sex

Drives: 09 5DR
Re. burning smell: Have you pulled the wheel off and turned the drum to see if the brakes are indeed stuck?
sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Have you checked your manual to determine what the (!) symbol means. It does come on when my parking brake is engaged. Check that the lever isn't slightly raised (a notch or two).

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
KevD

Drives: Blue 2007 3dr 5spd
Haven't taken the wheel off yet, that will be this week... E brake is definitely off. The light is out again (for now..). I had washed the car a few days prior to the light coming on... Thinking maybe some crap got into the wheel sensors??

I will take the wheels off this week and let you guys know what a find.

Thanks!
KevD is offline   Reply With Quote