Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
mannycheckers

Drives: 2009 Yaris 2dr Liftback
Steering Squeeking

Greetings,

I have a 2009 Yaris Liftback (42,000 miles) that has a strange squeal/squeek when turning the steering wheel left. The issue occurs when the vehicle is stationary and turning at low speeds. The issue does not occur when turning right.

I have recently installed TRD springs/shocks, new wheels, tires, and got an alignment. The problem may have been present before these changes were made, but I am not sure. The noise started out really faint and is progressively getting louder.

Here is a link to the symptom:
https://imgur.com/a/LUatpAE

I am unsure of the cause. According to the 2007 service manual, the problem may be the electronic power steering motor, but I hope not.

Does anyone have any ideas of the cause?

Thanks.
mannycheckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
Take a bottle of silicone spray, start spraying all the suspension components and see if that helps, like the control arm bushing, shock mounts, boots, steering knuckle and all of it
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote