Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2019, 04:12 AM   #1
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
Question on hydraulic motor mount P/N 12305-0M120

Yesterday i have seen some food debris carried probably by rats/rodents inside the engine bay.. Last night i sprayed peppermint oil and today unfortunately when i arrived in the office i just checked the hood again and found some chicken bones and much worse now with major splash (fluid) all over the engine bay.

From what i have seen it comes from the torn/ruptured hydraulic motor mount (part number 12305-0M120), saw some bite marks there...

Now i am ordering a rat/rodent repellant but aside from that i have a quick question regarding the motor mount.

I tried to rev the engine and still the motor mount is working well w/o noise although i can see some splashes of fluid. Now i want to fix this leak to save the motor mount since this will surely cost ~100USD.

Questions:

1.) What type of fluid do i need to top-up (inject) since the material of construction involves rubber?

I am not sure if my synth 5w30 will be fine as i believe it should be like those used in trans fluid and with higher viscosity and rubber friendly.

2. Will silicon sealant be fine to seal it after topping it with the right fluid?

I want to pick your brains here...

Thanks a lot.
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote